Matrix run by aliens

I believe I am in the matrix run by aliens… Nothing is real.

2 Likes

You should not believe everything. Edit, thread solved, now where’s my cookies?

5 Likes

Well, what is actually real? Maybe those aliens are also within a matrix run by extra-universal entities. And so on… an endless chain of matrices.

Hah !

3 Likes

I had the same exact belief back in 2011

3 Likes

In all seriousness not true lol

3 Likes

don’t be fooled by the Matrix…I too believed I was trapped in a computer time loop…you don’t need that kind of hell in your head @Om_Sadasiva please tell your pdoc immediately that you need your meds adjusted…you are unstable.

4 Likes

It’s a false belief. The only computer big enough to run a simulation of the universe is the universe itself.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about it. It is out of our hands.

1 Like

That article is faker than the matrix…

2 Likes

The article is only reporting mainstream scientific conclusions really …

2 Likes

I only believe in sz :smile: sz is real :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes but science accept as a dogma that the senses are right and that therefore the world is real.

1 Like

You’re entering into the world of philosophy now though… And magical thinking (which is a symptom). Unless you’re a philosopher.

2 Likes

Yes, in fact this is a philosophical (and if it causes distress, psychiatric) problem , that is why it is nonsense to address it from a scientific point of view.

1 Like

We’ll have to agree to disagree :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can disagree but good luck convincing Elon that the world is real because someone in the world says so. :wink:

2 Likes

Computers are the dumbest machine imaginable. They do only what they are programmed to do. Nothing more, nothing less. I don’t believe they can be sentient because (unless quantum computing changes it) they are not free to choose. Some people say that humans only choose what their previous life programming teaches them is the best choice. Maybe I am romantic but I don’t think a contraption will be made that can feel. Maybe this is what will separate us. I don’t think there is a matrix. Fortunately (or unfortunately); this is real.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.