Many of the depression threads

I would like to hear about y’all’s depression and how you cope better with it. Other than meds. Which I know I will have accept it. I’ve just always felt a deep sadness. It’s hard to get out of bed

I’m anxious on buses. Idk goodnight.

3 Likes

I stay in bed most of my time but I never feel sad. I guess thats the difference between depression and sz negative symptoms.

1 Like

Other than meds, I tend to keep things habitual and activity routines… that way even when I’m sad, I get to still do things.

And I believe in compounded interests.

2 Likes

Sounds good. I hope it eases away

I won’t feel happier, but I would feel a tiny bit accomplished

1 Like

I suffer from Sz and major depressive disorder. When I’m depressed I feel so much emotional pain I can’t get out of bed. I don’t eat, I don’t drink, I can’t be encouraged to do something for myself.

3 Likes

I’ve got similar sza with depressive. I still sleep late too. Unless I hear the phone

3 Likes

i get low mostly when my sleep is bad.
multivitamin, coffee. cleaning helps.

4 Likes

Really, I know this sounds weird, but I use my alarms on my phone just like I do with my meds, to keep me going and on a schedule. Even when I am depressed my alarms will go off and no matter what I get up and make myself do what my alarm says, take my meds, shower, etc. I keep that routine item no matter what.

6 Likes

I have to take an AD. I become suicidal without it. Not that I have reason to be suicidal, it just is. I do think depression compounds the negative symptoms from the SZ. I’ve been trying to push back by doing therapy exercises for procrastination and building habits to help (I think of having habits as establishing momentum).

4 Likes

My depressions are pretty much just brain chemical mood ones.

I try to take it easy. Sleep more, watch some tv. Try to force myself to walk and to study something.
Mostly since I know it will pass I kinda wait it out. Usually last 1 to 3 weeks before I have a mood switch to either a normalish mood or hypomania

3 Likes

My antidepressant is okay. I take it at night. Sounds sad you guys. I hope we get better. Long road. Hugs

2 Likes

I am depressed everyday, it’s just a matter of severity and length of time.

Lately I havent had any deep depressions thank goodness but this could change any second now.

I am an Ultradian Cycler.

2 Likes

I just try to get through to myself about not being so hard on myself. Because some of it is pain that can’t be avoided.

1 Like

I get depressed even in my sleep… :neutral_face:
If I get depressed during day, I turn off lights and music and go to bed and pray and talk while it subsides.
Then I make my self a coffee, no matter if it’s day or night…

2 Likes

I suffer from periods of depression, but today i thought that part of my depression is stress from trying to get away or avoid my depression. If I to some degree accept the depression, I might reduce the stress. Shortly after I thought that, I felt relieved. I don’t know if it makes any sense.

1 Like

:grin:

5 Likes

2 Likes

I was depressed for over a decade about something that happened to me that really affected me, but then I got closure and my depression faded almost over night.

I was on Venlafaxine 75mg but it didn’t really help all that much, I quit it years ago, withdrawals were brutal!

1 Like

It was scary for me in the beginning. I was given all in kinds of pills. I’m on perphenazine and I’m okay .

2 Likes