Man anxiety is kicking my butt today

Nothing out of the ordinary though. This shiz is starting to get boring

2 Likes

Want my list of ways to calm down?

2 Likes

Anxiety is the worst. Maybe cut out the coffee? I’m down to 2 cups a day now and anymore than that makes me really anxious.

You could also try some L-theanine if you have any left.

1 Like

Hey @Ninjastar that is ok. Have studied your list many times lol! Might go with the levitation trick today!

@everhopeful yeah I do have some l-theanine will check it out in a bit

2 Likes

what is your list of ways to calm down @Ninjastar ? i’m interested in it…

Some things I do to calm down are:

Put an ice pack on the back of your head. This will cool down your brain and reduce activity in your limbic system, where emotions happen.

Do a task with simple, clear steps. I like baking. I follow the recipe, and it’s easy enough that I don’t get frustrated, but it requires enough concentration that I don’t have room to think about other things. Cleaning also helps.

Engage your five senses. This will remind you what is real and what isn’t. Listen to soothing music. Smell something pleasant, like an essential oil. Suck on a hard candy. Look at pictures of things you enjoy. Feel something with an interesting texture, like a piece of Velcro or a stress ball.

Try to levitate something with your mind. You obviously won’t succeed, but it gets you to focus all of your attention on a single point outside your body, instead of on your thoughts. I like to use this on airplanes or in public places, because it doesn’t require you to move at all. It looks like you’re just daydreaming to observers.

Listen to a guided meditation recording

1 Like

Changed the title from a** to butt.

ah thanks for that list. Some things i already noticed me doing but i found some good ones in there that i’m gonna try out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.