Losing skills

not really but i am so mad not working so long i cant even do basic math in my head anymore.

2 Likes

ever since my illness about 4 years ago I’ve been bad at video games and was the best out of all my friends now iam the worst and get made fun of

play dual n back game you can get better at working memory which will helps you to do basic math in head.

several forms of dual n back games there. some are easy. i prefer math based dual n back.

1 Like

I’ve tried that game before. I’ve never had much success with it.

need to train daily. i love math based dual n back games its easy when compared with objects based.

here are few best apps on it.

android

apple

I don’t know if it is the medication or the illness causing my memory issues, especially short term memories. I know the meds can make me in a fog, but the illness seems to be wearing away at the back end of my processing power.

If play this game daily you can improve short term memory.

1 Like

Neurobiology of n -back task

Meta-analysis of 24 n -back neuroimaging studies have shown that during this task the following brain regions are consistently activated: lateral premotor cortex; dorsal cingulate and medial premotor cortex; dorsolateral and ventrolateral prefrontal cortex; frontal poles; and medial and lateral posterior parietal cortex.[22]

Apparently brain training apps don’t work. I read an article on it. They only work short term.

Dual n back game is not like that as it stimulates the brain regions linked to working memory and short term memory. Lack of stimulation in these brain regions lead to low working memory which can cause other mental issues like depression, slow processing speed etc so its better to do something rather than nothing.

You can self test this by playing dual n back game daily for some days in a stretch.

Here is an easy n back app to start with.

Its free too try it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.