Living alone

I have been alone 99% of the time for decades, it changes you and is no fun

3 Likes

I lived alone most of my life until I was in my 50’s. It spoils you and you fall behind in the advancements society makes. It’s great living in adult foster care although there can be a lot of drama that I’m not used to.

1 Like

My sister lives with me right now. She stays up late and sleeps half the day and when she wakes up she stays on her phone in her room. We sometimes chat for a while then she goes back to her room. So am I basically living alone? Idk. I’m not complaining. She’s an adult. She can do what she wants.

1 Like

I live with my dad, but I hope to have my own place in a couple of years. He really annoys me sometimes.

2 Likes

I’m only 17, so I’ve never had a chance to live by myself, but I know in the future that I’ll always live with family. Just the though of living by myself fills me with dread.

Alone I’ve done alot of. It can give you types of mi.

1 Like

I live alone and I love it – I’ve had bad luck with roommates it’s such a chore to babysit and force conversation with them, seems like they are either wanting to fight me or are just plain stupid… I like my alone time.

1 Like

I live alone now. I used to live with my mom. She went into the nursing home the summer of 2010. To find one she could afford, she went 35 miles out in the country. She died February 2018. Only cousin Dawn and her kids live in Arkansas. I don’t have anything to do with them. My sister and her family live in Maryland. I call her just about every day. I have two other cousins and an uncle who live in Florida. His ex-wife lives in Fort Smith and I live in Little Rock. My old car stopped running and I had the salvage yard tow it off May 9th. So now I’m having to live without a car. George who teaches my Sunday School class called me this week and offered to drive me when he could. He took me to the pharmacy this week, and he’s going to take me to my doctor’s appointment next Wednesday.

2 Likes

It’s not bad. My sister lives with me now bc she divorced her abusive husband but I did live alone a long time. It’s really not bad Wish I had a bf sometimes but I’m ok alone

3 Likes

I live alone, and it can drive you crazy. I talk aloud to myself and the voices. I overeat a lot too, out of boredom and loneliness.

I work, so I see people there. But it’s pretty limited interaction.

So I’m really happy this forum exists. It definitely provides support.

2 Likes

I’m disabled and have an Eating Disorder. I usually read things I’m interested in or study different languages. Keeps me from boredom.

1 Like

I live by myself. I love it.

2 Likes

I lived alone for six years. I made a lot of mistakes and did a lot of things I shouldn’t have. And there was a lot of problems doing it. But I had my cat and I had my job and it was pretty cool living alone for a lot of the time. I had a lot of problems with neighbors, there was reverse discrimination going on and it was a constant frustration to not only be disabled but have the ethnic majority thinking they were superior. I tried to fight it when I should have just gritted my teeth and accepted it.

I’ve lived alone since my wife died in 2005 . Sept 2005- Sept 2017 was a case of coping less and less well , but psych services didn’t give a damn because I wasn’t a priority case , i.e acutely ill and young .

On hindsight I’d been increasingly self neglecting . Here in Wiltshire I still live alone , but have support from my stepfamily. That makes a big difference .

2 Likes

I do psychosocial rehab to keep me busy and I also regularly eat lunch with my dad and mother — just one friend I talk to other than that I’m alone always — I wish I could afford a car but I’m still happier not having a roommate to split the cost of rent …
In the past my roommates would not contribute to groceries, they would not shower, they would wear my clothes, sell my stuff, take my pills, do drugs, rent late or not at all ---- eff that id rather be alone

1 Like

I live alone with my cat. I’m fine with that.

I’d rather live with someone compatible
or live by myself.

I live by myself for 8 years now. Before that, I lived with my parents. From 2008 to 2010 I lived alone but it was really hard for me. I had mood troubles and psychotic symptoms.
I also lived in a home for people with mental illness.

I only could live alone when my symptoms were less severe.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.