Little kids amaze me

There is a heat advisory and the kids are outside playing and it doesn’t bother them at all.
Middle of winter and they are out there with their snow suits on unbothered by the cold.

I can’t stand either. This heat makes me dizzy and nauseated. The cold gets into my bones and make me ache. I’m an oldie.

4 Likes

I dislike the heat more than the cold I think. I know what you’re saying though.

2 Likes

60-65 degree weather is my favorite.

2 Likes

I don’t like either one but I live in Manitoba so we live with extremes.

1 Like

That’s a comfortable temp

1 Like

It’s winter here and the neighbourhood kids play outside in shorts and t shirts. That amazes me! I can’t believe they don’t get cold! :laughing: I wear three layers and still get cold - imagine summer clothes in winter! Brrrr!

1 Like

Winter here is often -30. No shorts in that weather

In Cape Town I’d say the winters are mild compared to most of the US though. Average temperature in day is about 17 degrees Celsius. We never get snow, only rain. But if it’s sunny it can be very pleasant except the early morning and night when it drops to about 8 C.

1 Like

Here in Quebec too -30 to -38C is common. During snowstorms it gets to -44C. In summer it gets to 41C, a couple days ago.

1 Like

Here in England it very rarely gets below 0 c

Hasn’t been under 0 c continuously for one week for a couple of years. I know this because if you’re on benefits if its continuously under 0 c for one week you get £25 for each week from the government in cold weather payments.

1 Like

:fearful: What?? oh my God that’s unimaginable to me! I can’t imagine that kind of cold!! And I thought our winters were cold! :fearful::fearful::fearful:

2 Likes

In the north it can get colder than -50C.

Last winter there was so much snow that our Tempo (snow shelter) fell and broke (metal of shelter broke) my brother’s new cars, an Audi and a Honda. Luckily they had insurance but they didn’t cover all the damage.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.