Latuda commercial does not market it as an antipsychotic

Have you seen the Latuda commercial? The commercial does not market Latuda as an antipsychotic. I was prescribed Latuda for schizoaffective disorder. I was on Latuda for almost two years and heard voices the entire time. I was in hell. Then I see the Latuda commercial, which only talks about helping with depression and bipolar. I do not think the makers of Latuda are confident that it can help people with schizophrenia. Why did my doctor recommend Latuda? It did not work for me at all. I just thought that was weird.

1 Like

Most antipsychotics on commercials aren’t advertised as antipsychotics(at least when I see them). Maybe it is the stigma associated with them or maybe the market is bigger for other diseases.

1 Like

Its an antipsychotic over 40mg. I take it

I agree I think it’s stigma. You never see commercials for psychotic anything.

Mood issues are becoming more “mainstreamed” and accepted now but psychosis is still far from there, sadly.

2 Likes

Oh right guys! Good points! I guess that was my paranoid presumption. lol Thanks! I see commercials all the time for taking part in schizophrenia studies though.

My dr recommend latuda so that I might lose weight.

I was on olanzapine but I think olanzapine works better for me.

Olanzapine has calming effect etc while latuda seems to hypo me n cause jaw clenching etc

If I was feeling really super bad I would switch back to olanzapine cause I truly think it’s a better medicine for me but I did gain over twenty kg on it…

I also agree that it’s because of the stigma. It always makes me mad when the drug companies refuse to advertise things as antipsychotics, even though that’s their main job.

1 Like

it’s the God damn stigma, we’re living in dark ages!!!

I took Latuda for a year and it did not work for me either. It was a year of disaster =(

I might be bipolar or schizoaffective

1 Like