How many years have you been on latuda

I have been well on 120mg latuda for a couple weeks. I am worried that it may stop working or I may get akathisia. Has anyone been on this med long term? I know that it is a relatively new med. What is the longest that you have been on this med? I think I can work or go to school on it.

1 Like

About a year but it didn’t help the sz. But meds work different for other folks. I’d give it a try. Don’t be scared. Keep in touch with your pdoc

1 Like

I was on 80mg Latuda for a year, terrible akathisia, nausea and insomnia. Also had positive symptoms. But somehow I managed to work full time a low stress job while on it. I wouldn’t go back on it though as I was miserable on it with all the paranoia and side effects.

Also I had to eat min 350 calories with it which made me gain more weight. I ate eventhough I wasnt hungry.

120mg since 2018, better than abilify or zyprexa for me personally.

1 Like

I have been on latuda for about five or six years I think.

Latuda was great but the akathisia it worked for the positive symptoms

I was on Lurasidone for 8 months. It worked, but the weight gain, lethargy, and sedation led me to switch to Ziprasidone.

I’ve been on 60mg of Latuda for about 2 years now. No side effects, no weight gain and I am working part time now. It completely eliminates my psychosis.

60mg is a fairly low dose but it works better than olanzapine ever did and I was on a huge does of olanzapine (40mg).

I don’t take latuda

Ive been on it for a couple of years and I love it. Best one Ive tried. At first I was a bit restless on it at night, but it cleared up eventually.
Now if it didn’t require food it would be perfect. That’s the only annoying part about it.

1 Like

I took it for 18 months and it worked great.

However towards the end my body almost felt like it was rejecting it

Not sure if others have had the same on this med

Humans vary so much person to person, it’s hard to say what the drug will do for you yourself

Keep trying and do your best.

Wish you well with it. Great med overall

I’m happy with my experience with latuda. The food and drowsieness are downers, but I just eat a late night snack for it. I was able to lose weight on it, after having gained it previously on other medicines.

The drowsieness is the worst thing but it only ever really is a problem if I can’t sleep. Very rarely I’ll take it too early and be sleepy and not be able to sleep, its miserable then. Still its been so rare that it doesn’t happen most months out of the year.

1 Like

Thats what happened to me on Latuda in addituon to the terrible akathisia.