Krazy erotomania

Oh n i also use to think that tv sends secret messages, instagram contain secret messages which fueled my erotomania towards her and peoples body language contain secret messages too! How crazy was i! Haha

I feel I had hundreds of delusions like this that Iā€™m still uncovering daily. Like I had delusionā€¦didnā€™t think about it for years. Then someone will remind me of my delusion. And I will say ā€œoh that was a delusion I hadā€. Because I was so far gone for so long it took years of medication to actually acknowledge these strange beliefs as delusions. Some people may realize theyā€™re delusions quicker but at the level of psychosisā€¦no, the level of AWARENESS I had, it took years of meds to acknowledge delusions as delusions.

2 Likes

Yep I thought something happend one night in the clubs between me and a girl that i had known years before in my childhood and that she loved me I asked her if anything had happend and that I had been diagnosed with schizophrenia even after she told me about the night it took a couple of years to get over the delusion that she did. I had to resist the voices telling me to go over to the country she was living and proposing I thought she had spiritual powers and was living in me in spirit along with other woman and I beleived that I had made music about her that played on the radio at that point I started realising my delusions.

I had erotomania about a woman I used to be engaged to years before I was sick. I thought she was in love with me and since I thought the whole world knew I never tried to reach her. the scientists in my head I thought were letting Amy hold my hand while I was in the virtual world created by the scientists. but it was all a lieā€¦itā€™s all in my book. Sorry you were suffering like that @sleepybug

1 Like

I embarrassed the crap out of myself in a big episode. I texted and emailed and assumed the person was in love with me. Itā€™s so terrible when it flashes back in my mind.

1 Like

please preface comments like this, with Trigger.

thank you.

I went through a similar thing, except he scared me and I wanted to get away. I harassed him because I believed he turned the whole town against me and I thought I was being watched in my home. I think I wanted him to be more of a father figure. What do you think you needed from your guy?

I remember one time back in the 1980ā€™s I was at a party with my older brother at one of his friendā€™s apartment, and I stupidly made a pass at the guyā€™s wife, not realizing who she was. I was out of my skull at the time and had no business even proposing anything with her even if she wasnā€™t married, and I wasnā€™t even serious. As soon as she objected I backed off immediately. She told her husband about it and man, he wanted to kick my ass so bad. I was lucky he didnā€™t. Iā€™m not sure why I didnā€™t get my head knocked in that night. Generally I have no interest in sex - no motivation for it. That night I was just really screwed up - maybe because of the party and I thought it was the thing to do. I donā€™t know. I was definitely wrong to do it, and I never did anything like that again.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand why he would be mad. Itā€™s not like you knew she was married. It was an honest mistake.

Thatā€™s what I told the guy - like, ā€œI didnā€™t know man! Please donā€™t kill me!ā€ He chilled out after a while, and didnā€™t even kick me out of the party so I guess he believed me. I really meant no harm.

1 Like

how on earth would I differentiate erotomania or if I am really in love with this person?! I am still taking to him without any outcome and I need to let it go and move on and do couples therapy with my partner.

It is a form of cheating I guess.

http://forum.schizophrenia.com/t/im-an-erotomaniac/65225/20

is this supposed to help me with my question?

Do you have delusions because of it? If so it is possible to let go of them by being aware. For me I was conciouse of my imagination so anytime it played tricks on me or made me visualise suicide or violence I could switch it off took some practice but I can actually do this and think of other things.

1 Like

yeah in the beginning 2 years ago I was completely psychotic - just not sure ?

If you are listening to songs about that person stop it make sure you focus only on the things that are core to your recovery any thing else stop from playing on your mind. Just tell yourself no this person is not in love with me it is a delusion caused by spirits who exist within me.

The best way to differentiate between the two is that with erotomania you think that they love you and usually it is more love than you feel for them. In the delusion you are certain that they are madly in love with you. This means you donā€™t wonder if they feel the same way you do, and you donā€™t crave their love because you think you already have it. Thatā€™s the main part of the delusion hon.

1 Like

I think you should keep your distance from the guy you had erotomania with and try and work things out with your partner.

2 Likes

I know the right thing to do - just donā€™t want to I guess =)

3 Likes

The right thing can be the hardest to do but it will probably be for the best. From what Iā€™ve experienced erotomania definitely feels like cheating. The worst thing is there is nothing you can do about it xx