Kratom for anxiety

Kratom is a plant that is from south east Asia. The leaves are dried and ground up. Some kinds may have a coffee like effect and others have the opposite effect. It really helps with my anxiety but I’ve become sort of dependent on it.

1 Like

Be careful with that stuff. The FDA has classified it as an opioid, and some states have banned it. I’ve never tried it myself, and I don’t think I want to.

I didn’t know the FDA classified it as an opioid but I do know it has some opioid like properties. Certainly not the extent of pills but it could still be addicting. That being said coffee is also addictive and can cause withdrawal symptoms if you go cold turkey.

Yeah i was planning to kill myself with that stuff. It is dangerous and extremely addictive. There are so many nightmare stories about dependency on that stuff and. I know, with my addictive personality, that would be all she wrote for me. The threshold for overdosing is high but the risk of dependency is severe and from what i hear the withdrawals are hell. It’s not worth it.

2 Likes

There haven’t been any cases of overdoses with just kratom. I’ve taken too much before and I just get a little dizzy and throw up. You would be puking your brains out and feeling really shitty before you could actually OD on it.

i tried it a few times but when my dad died i ordered some and told myself i was only gonna take it one night (only ordered 25 grams)., took a few grams, then a few more, then i was nodding off listening to 1960s jazz in an interview and i felt like i was on heroin the same as them. the next day i flushed all the kratom and went to drink my morning energy drink, vomitted all over my kitchen and had intense nausea for about the rest of the day

not to say it is bad if taken responsibly but if you overdo it you will regret it and it is powerful stuff i wouldnt consider it in the same tier as supplements. its not as bad as phenibut tho which is actually easier to buy

1 Like

Phenibut is definitely worse I ordered some a year ago and I took to much and basically blacked out.

1 Like

Excerpt from:
fda.gov/news-events/public-health-focus/fda-and-kratom

"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers not to use Mitragyna speciosa, commonly known as kratom, a plant which grows naturally in Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Papua New Guinea. FDA is concerned that kratom, which affects the same opioid brain receptors as morphine, appears to have properties that expose users to the risks of addiction, abuse, and dependence.

There are no FDA-approved uses for kratom, and the agency has received concerning reports about the safety of kratom. FDA is actively evaluating all available scientific information on this issue and continues to warn consumers not to use any products labeled as containing the botanical substance kratom or its psychoactive compounds, mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine. FDA encourages more research to better understand kratom’s safety profile, including the use of kratom combined with other drugs."

4 Likes