Key to treating scizophrenia may found in Broccoli

4 Likes

I love broccoli

1 Like

I bought two broccolis because of this news…

4 Likes

It’s funny because broccoli is one of my favorite veggies and I eat it all the time. I can’t get fresh broccoli sprouts here though. I live on a high desert and the sprouts die too quickly in the arid conditions.

1 Like

Oooh I found somewhere where they sell the actual fresh sprouts that’s exciting but idk if I’d travel for it
https://www.planetorganic.com/sprouts-broccoli-100g/1963/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2v7mBRC1ARIsAAiw34-AU9wPzz14povgFxAd4lRj6ydkgN-4x_92dC7tMZcNvMAKexUbVV0aAgWbEALw_wcB

2 Likes

I have my first jar of sprouts growing!

I don’t know how it’s going to go.

The instructions are 7 steps. I end up having to re-read the whole thing each time I have to do 1 step because I can’t remember it all.

You have to rinse them morning and evening. If they get dry, you have to rinse them more. Like 4 times a day. I’m gonna have to set an alarm on my phone.

I’m afraid I will rot them or dry them out.

This isn’t as easy as I hoped.

I hope it’s worthwhile.

I guess they’re healthy either way.

3 Likes

Can you maybe buy them already sprouted?
Stores like wholefoods sell them ready sprouted

1 week of broccoli sprouts supplements and I’m feeling fine!

3 Likes

Yes, some stores around here carry them. I may do that if this is a flop.

1 Like

If you have something like a Whole Foods or an earth fare near by they should sell the sprouts. There fairly cheap I think and freeze pretty well. Dr Ronda Patrick has gone on and on about them. If your enjoying the process though keep it up! Actually sprouting is gonna be my last resort. Im too lazy lol

1 Like

You can buy the extract, sulforaphane, on Amazon. I think I’ll get some.

Apparently freezing deactivates them. The myrosinase, I think. But yeah, they can be purchased in some stores.

I hate broccoli, I’m doomed.

1 Like

Nice, didn’t know that. :+1:

Is anyone taking broccoli sprouts with risperidone. Is it helping in any way?

I’m feeling good. It’s been just about 2 weeks.

My first batch of sprouts is ready.

I just had a small serving, about 2 tablespoons. Not expecting much from that, just wanting to make sure I haven’t just been incubating e. coli.

Tomorrow (if I don’t get sick) I will try a full serving of 1/4 to 1/2 a cup. But it is going to be hard because it’s really really strong flavored. I have no idea how I will be able to down a half cup of those suckers. I did get a seed mix including radish (for the myrosinase) and that makes it really spicy. It also means I have to eat more since it’s only about 80% broccoli.

1 Like

I’m sleeping well. Almost 2 weeks. I gotta sprout my own broccoli.

1 Like

I have eaten a few “sprout sandwiches” with cream cheese, or turkey, or both, and it is pretty good that way. I get about 1/4 to 1/2 cup at a “dose” which is a fairly substantial amount.

Short term effects not life altering - bit of improved mood, increased verbal fluency. Bit of energy, similar to a cup of coffee.

I like it well enough to keep doing it. More veggies is healthy anyway.

Are the fresh broccoli sprouts making anyone nauseaus? I don’t think their off though because the package says their in date and also there’s no fur growing on them

1 Like