Broccoli sprout extract fans

https://www.iherb.com/pr/source-naturals-broccoli-sprouts-extract-250-mg-60-tablets/2456

This has been discontinued.

But there’s a new alternative that cheaper

https://www.iherb.com/pr/swanson-sulforaphane-from-broccoli-sprout-extract-400-mcg-60-veggie-caps/118029

3 Likes

The alternative is also out of stock
What is broccoli sprout intended for?

1 Like

Check out this thread

It’ll be back in stock, but the first one is discontinued for good.

1 Like

So it’s only for a week each morning?
Damn I’m on clozapine And it changes liver stuff
Might not be worth a risk for me?

I take 500mg every morning. It’s stopped me from feeling hungover for no reason.

I’ll have to take 400mg now that my normal product has been discontinued. The new cheaper one is only 400mg. I tried it today and it seems 400mg is just as good.

Abilify is metabolised by the liver also, and I haven’t noticed any interaction.

1 Like

I got my mg and my mcg mixed up.

The discontinued one provided me with 2000mcg of Sulforaphane (the thing that’s good for schizophrenia) in 2 tablets.

The new cheaper one provides me with 400mcg of Sulforaphane per capsule.

So I have to take 5 capsules of the new one to get the same amount of Sulforaphane.

Damn. It’s no longer cheaper and certainly it’s less convenient.

2 Likes

Wow that bottle will go quick

1 Like

I just took 4 capsules and that was a bad trip. I think it’s more potent than the other one.

I’ll try 2 capsules tomorrow.

But yeah …

1 Like

Keep us posted :+1:

1 Like

It looks like 2 capsules isn’t enough. I still feel hungover.

I’ll try 3 tomorrow.

At least I know 4 capsules work, but it makes me feel really drowsy and depressed for an hour or two.

1 Like

How much broccoli do you have to eat to get the same amount as a normal dose of supplement?

I think you’d be eating broccoli all day long :joy:

2 Likes

Alright, I actually have a bottle laying around (might be expired now), but haven’t taken it cause I read there was some interaction with zyprexa… so.

1 Like

I’m not having as much luck with the new broccoli sprout extract brand (Swanson)

I’ve emailed “source naturals” to see if they’ve discontinued their product or if it’s just the fact that iherb.com no longer sell it.

2 Likes

I either had real good luck with the expensive option at Walmart.com, or had an enormous placebo effect due to shelling out the money for it.

I wanna say it was a 45 days worth for 45 bucks.

Life got in the way and I’m not taking it this month.

1 Like

I just looked on Walmart.com now. They seem to have a huge range of broccoli sprout extract products! You’re lucky.

They also have the “source naturals” product I use.

2 Likes

What part of world you at?

1 Like

Europe. I’ve found a supplier for source naturals near me so I’ve ordered a supply.

2 Likes

I always used jarrows I think prostaphane and broq are the gold standard

1 Like