Just show you guys my new pets

Today is sunny. I went to local houseplant and pet market. I bought this fish tank and 3 golden fish. The shopkeeper instructed me how to feed and how to change water. Now they are swimming on top of my desk.

20 Likes

Congrats! They’re beautiful

2 Likes

Awesome! Very pretty fish

2 Likes

Good for you @green5. Both the tank and the fish are very cute. Glad you had such a nice day!

2 Likes

Well, at least you don’t have to walk them every day. Or worry about hairballs.

4 Likes

One of the fish pooped…I used a sucker to get it out of the tank, in case the water is contaminated. This is one of the skills of keeping fish, which was taught by the shopkeeper. How interesting taking care of fish is!

1 Like

Did you give them names? Apparently you can teach goldfish tricks. They’re very cute.

3 Likes

haven’t yet. I will wait and see, I don’t know how long their will last under my care. If they get along with me for longer than 3 months or even a year, I will give them names. Last time I bought 2 fish and they died within one week, because I had no idea how to keep them. They are delicate creatures, very sensitive to temperature, the quality of the water, and the feeding frequency.

2 Likes

How much did it cost green6… now u cannot leave ur house…!!! U have to feed ur fish everytime…!!! Are u preparing for dinner green6 whatz on dinner …take care…!!!

1 Like

They costed me nearly 20 US dollars including the tank, the pump, the fish and the food. I can still leave my house for 3 days as the shopkeeper told me I only need to feed them once every 2-3 days. They won’t die if you have not feed them for 4 days… I’m about to cook dinner.

3 Likes

Sis green6 can u cook chicken for me … cuz i like it very much… yesterday i ate chicken dumpling…it wasnt like buff Dumpling…

In fact whatz for dinner… pork right…!!!

1 Like

ahahaha, I rarely cook chicken, about once every year. Not my favorite food. Yeah, pork for us this evening.

2 Likes

Do u guys regularly eat meat… u guys must be rich…!!

Hahaha i am rich too…do u like coffee… i am drinking one …!! God bless u green6…!! U seems happy these days… take care…

1 Like

They’ll likely need a BIG tank in the future. I think goldfish are meant to be 1 per 20 gallon tank, then an additional 10 gallons for each additional goldfish.

I just saw a est. 6" long goldfish at the vet’s office.

1 Like

Oh, I’d think about it. If they do grow and become biger and biger, I’d be very happy to give them a BIG tank. Thank you for reminding me, @Skims

4 Likes

I’m going to name these 3 little goldfish. They have lived with me for nearly 24 hours by now. Watching them swimming makes me calm and joyful. The black one is most energetic, I’ll call it “Xiao hei (little black)”; the red one is cute, I 'll call it “Xiao pingguo (little red apple)”; the white one is pretty as it got a red cap on top of its white body, I’ll call it “xiao hua (little flower)”.

I have ordered a new oxygon pump from an online shop. The current one is two powerful and a bit noisy. The new pump is cheap, only costed me 5 US dollars.

2 Likes

My husband made a comment on my new pets. He said “keeping fish is better than keeping a cat”. He joked to me:“If you bought a cat, then I would move out because you prefered to live with your cat rather than me.” :roll_eyes:

I like ur pets too… they are cute .!!! I am glad ur enjoying sister green6…!!!

2 Likes

HAHAHA, xiao pingguo!!! The same name of the song by the Chopstick brothers…

2 Likes

Here’s the song if anyone is interested in listening.

1 Like