Just phoned A help line- wasted their time it seems. Sz not welcome anywhere in my view

2 minutes into me talking I am interrupted to be asked ‘do you have a specific reason for phoning us.’

One think I have learned is sz folk are not welcome on most anonymous help lines

5 Likes

It sounds rude… Didnt they help?

1 Like

I just hung up 151515

2 Likes

I would do the same. I wish I could talk to a crisis line

1 Like

How long ago did you re-start the depot? I think I remember you saying it could take up to 8 weeks to have an effect (according to your doctor).

I’m sorry you felt you had a bad experience with the helpline.

Can you phone the medical helpline instead ?

1 Like

Am nine weeks into the depot

1 Like

Am just super stressed. That always make things hard for me.

1 Like

If you guys want I could give you the VA crisis line. You can text or call. I don’t think they will ask if your a veteran.

1 Like

Can you call your team. Maybe you need benzos for a short time ?

1 Like

Thanks for the support folks.

2 Likes

Sorry you had a bad experience with the help line @anon94176359. It looks like they would be better staffed and more understanding to deal with the people that are calling.

3 Likes

1-800-273-8255 press 1. Or Confidential chat @ VeteransCrisisLine.net or text 838255.

Are there other helplines you could try?

Here’s the current list posted on the forum. I’m not sure which can be accessed from your country.

1 Like

I have had experience calling these lines. I called quite often when my AP made me agitated as I was venting.

Sometimes they’re not that helpful. I know there was one guy I spoke to where when he picks up now I hang up straight away as he says things like this person did to you.

2 Likes

I called the crisis centre while I was psychotic and the told me that unless I was depressed/suicidal there wasn’t anything they could do for me.

Hung up, and they sent the cops to my house :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yeah not too many people understand psychotic disorders.
This includes those people working in the mental health field.

I’m sorry that you got turned away @anon94176359 :confused:

3 Likes

They will ask if you are a veteran. And you have to be a registered veteran.

4 Likes

Thanks. I never called, so I was not sure.

Was this a help line or a crisis line? If you are in a crisis because of SZ, a crisis line is usually helpful. People who are lonely or just needing general support (with SZ or otherwise) will often find they get the bum’s rush on a crisis line as they need to keep volunteers available to help those who present a danger to themselves or others.

If it was a general support line that did this to you … wow. That would be very uncool.

I’m sorry for my late response. Did you call the samaratians line? They recently switched from paid staff to mostly volunteers, and their service has gotten horrible as a result.