Have you ever called a crisis line?

As opposed to a suicide hotline? what was it like?

I have the number for my local community services board. It’s a 24/7 crisis line for mental health patients in need. I spent two weeks inpatient through the same agency back in October 2014, so I’m comfortable with the place.

I’m worried about calling though because I don’t want police showing up at my door to take me to the hospital. I don’t need to go to the hospital, nor can I afford to go. Is it safe to call a crisis line, or do they send police to you? I’m very paranoid and don’'t want to have to expain myself to the cops.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I called one twice in one day. I made the first person laugh a bit so she assumed I was okay. The second time I called a police came by for a check up and I got hospitalized. They try to help.

2 Likes

I messaged a veteran crisis line, we talked through a chat room, you can also text them too. This was back in June.

1 Like

When I called, they sent police to my house. Never again!

2 Likes

I don’t know any crisis lines that are not suicide hotlines. In my area, they are all suicide hotlines. When I was younger, I used to call them a lot. For suicidal thoughts and plans, for paranoia, for delusions, for hallucinations, for mania, for relationship problems. I was calling them all of the time. Now, never.

1 Like

When I first got fired from my job and I was hallucinating, depressed and delusional I called a crisis line. I didn’t feel comfortable talking so they had a chat rooms set up for that reason. And I told them how i was doing they encouraged me to get help. I wasn’t suicidal at that point so cops weren’t called.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Sounds like there’s a good chance they’ll call police, which is NOT what I want. I didn’t call yesterday and I’m not as bad today, so I guess I’ll have to wonder until next time.

yes, said my mother is trying to eliminate all my living.

Ha! it’s funny now I think about it.

I called a suicide line when I was a teen. No cops showed up but that was in the 90s.

I’ve called before, bawling. I’ve called a few times in the past. I’ve never had the cops arrive at my house afterward. I texted the crisis line this morning. They didn’t call the cops, either. I said I didn’t plan to kill myself yet, just that I know how I would do it, and that I just want the emotional pain to end. They gave me some coping resources.

Good luck, @anon39736208.

1 Like

keep keeping on, honey. Til the end. Til it’s actual, and then it’s heaven.

1 Like

Geez, I hope your doing better. :unicorn::unicorn::unicorn:

1 Like

Thanks @Daze and @GrayBear. I’m doing ok, I guess…

3 Likes

@Blossom. You’re not suicidal? are you?

Also are you still learning Japanese? I’m learning German on duolingo. It’s an intricate language.

Hey, @Loke. I am, but I don’t plan on doing it. Not yet. I’m trying to cope.

That’s cool that you’re learning German.

1 Like

Just be sure to keep talking to us and your husband.

3 Likes

Thank you for caring, Loke. I’ll periodically let you know how I’m doing.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.