Just lost a family memeber

My mom died on September 13th. She was my biggest support. So I’m wondering how I’m going to get by. I still have my dad but he works all day so I’m home alone during the day. My mom was retired so she helped me during the day. Has anybody else gone through a similar situation and how did you get through it? I haven’t posted here in a long time so sorry if you don’t know me.

1 Like

Please accept my most sincere condolences, Jake. I am very sorry for the loss of your mother.

1 Like

It might be a good idea to go to a therapist or to NAMI during this transition.

I just read this and it makes me feel so sorry for you. She must have been great. My parents are my only support and I have no idea what I’ll do when they leave this earth. I try and thank them everyday just because of it.

Sorry for your loss @jake.

Oh I’m so sorry for your loss. That’s awful. All my love thoughts and hugs to you

i am very sorry to hear this. please seek temporary grief counselling, staying at home alone…I think you would be asking too much of yourself. Ask around at local clinics and hospitals and such and see what you can find.

very sorry. hugs for you.

i am sorry for your loss. you will be in my thoughts and prayers

That’s horrible. I’m so sorry. I lost my dad when I was 17. It helped me a lot to go to the local hospice center. They run free grief support groups and offer free/discounted one on one counseling. It helped me feel less alone.

1 Like

@Jake losing your mother is a terrible loss;
So sorry for you;
Nothing I can say will make up for the loss;
Try to survive this difficult moment and may your mom live on in your heart.

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss. I’m glad you reached out to the forum. We’ll be thinking of you during this hard time. Lots of love and hugs.

@Jake I lost my step dad who was like a father to me over a year ago now…the pain does lessen…please try to feel better… I know it’s hard…sorry for the loss of your dear mother.

I’m sorry for your loss @Jake
Please Hang on.
It does get better.

1 Like

sorry Jake you lost your Mom. I lost my husband and he was my biggest support. It’s fortunate you still have your Dad, even if he’s not there all the time, atleast you can look forward to having his support in the evening. Was really hard to have no support for me for awhile. It takes a lot of time to feel better and build up new supports. So sorry you have to go through this, it’s quite an adjustment. Maybe talk with your therapist and see if you can get extra support from them such as case workers or in home health care providers and such during your vulnerable time. When my husband passed they got me extra help like a case worker and such. But yeah this hurts and is a really hard adjustment.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss @Jake. Perhaps both you and your dad could go to a grief support group?

So sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you. ⚘