Schizophrenia.com

Just had my last cigarette

I think laziness will for once be a good thing because I’m feeling way too lazy to go to the store. The last few days I’ve had very few cigarettes and not enjoyed them. Every puff has caused me to have a coughing fit. Today is as good as any other day. Here’s hoping
:no_smoking:

8 Likes

I believe in you, you can quit them!

3 Likes

It’s an insidious drug the old nicotine and it’s hard to let go but wish you well. I couldn’t afford to smoke anymore over here and that was over 10 years ago. I think now a pack of 20’s are like $30. The tax is ridiculous and reason enough to quit.

1 Like

Congratulations! I quit smoking in 2002. You can do it!

1 Like

Another reason to love the land down under.

2 Likes

In AA they tell you to take your abstinence “one day at a time”, because if you tell yourself you’re quitting “for good” the prospect of life without alcohol becomes daunting. They say "tell yourself you’re quitting for today. I’ll worry about tomorrow tomorrow. In the case of smoking you might need to break the interval down to less than a day at a time, like maybe an hour at a time. If it gets tough, tell yourself, “I just have to make it for this hour. I will worry about the next hour when it comes.” Also, try to distract yourself. A lot of people eat when they quit smoking. If you’re worried about weight gain you might try something like drinking tea. Personally, when I quit smoking I tried to pick a time when I wouldn’t have stress in my day. That’s just the way I’m wired. Stress might distract another person from their quitting program. Just do what works for you.

3 Likes