Just got my doctor to put in a referral for my hernia surgery

I used to be nervous but the doctor assured me mesh surgery has come a long way since all the mesh failure lawsuits that plagued hernia surgery for a while…feel confident I’m doing the right thing now…can’t wait for it to be over though…first surgery.

6 Likes

I’m sure it’ll go well but well done on facing your fears and getting it sorted. Hope the surgery goes well.

3 Likes

All of the people who I know that have had it are all doing much better. Good luck with getting it sorted.

3 Likes

I don’t know anyone who has had that surgery, but I hope it goes well and that your recovery is speedy.

2 Likes

Good luck @jukebox
I’m sure it will go well

2 Likes

oh thank you everyone…it will be like my colonoscopy…you get wheeled into the operating room and then you don’t know anything until you are waking up in your bed.

3 Likes

How long until you have the surgery?

Hope it goes well for you.

1 Like

well the doctor said one to two weeks for the referral to the surgeon to go through and then that initial appt. with the surgeon and probably a week or two after that the actual surgery I’m guessing…I don’t care how long it takes…the hernia doesn’t bother me usually only when I try to swim or snorkel.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.