It's in the back of my mind...surgery ...surgery

I think I’m a bit scared. I know next week or so I will be put under and the doctor will work on me…first surgery. Nervous.

4 Likes

Wishing you the best of :crossed_fingers: luck

1 Like

Good luck!! Many positive and quick recovery thoughts coming your way!

May I ask what you’re going in for?

1 Like

Surgeries happen all the time. You’ll be great. I understand though. I was nervous for my first surgery.

3 Likes

@SpringRose is quite right. They are very common. My dad has had dozens. He gets worried each time, but he keeps coming out swinging!

2 Likes

@Happy_H oh thank you…I am not knowing what is going to be worked on but the surgeon suggested it is muscular in my abdomen. He ruled out a hernia but it acts exactly like a hernia so I don’t know until monday or tuesday…surgery will be soon after.

1 Like

I am sorry they don’t know what’s going on. I don’t know anyone who’s had abdominal surgery, but I bet there’s jello involved after!

1 Like

It sounds like routine surgery. You’ll come through it like a champ.

3 Likes

Its normal to feel nervous about surgery. With that said, try to figure out ways to calm your thoughts or to distract yourself from worrying too much. I know thats easier said than done.

2 Likes

@Moonbeam oh deep down I trust the surgeon…he was as sharp as a tack during our visit. Knew how to pronounce my last name…studied German…just matter of factly and very kind. It will be like my colonoscopy…before I know it I will wake up in recovery I’m sure of it…thanks everyone…

@Happy_H thank you…it will all be known monday or tuesday…will post about it.

3 Likes

Best wishes for you .

1 Like

@SacredNeigh7 oh thank you…it will be alright…I feel better after reading all the support on this thread…

1 Like

What surgery do you have coming up?

1 Like

I think they are going to have to mesh my muscle in my upper left abdomen…that’s what the surgeon said he could probably do.

1 Like

Surgery is scary as heck. When I had to have surgery, I was terrified each time. Was awake for 3 of them, but not for emergency gall bladder removal. That was scariest because I’d never been completely under.

All I can say is to practice slow breathing and grounding exercises for the time leading up to surgery. It will help you control the fear some on the day of.

1 Like

Surgeons are highly trained, professional people. You can trust them. You’ll get through this in a snap.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.