Just back from seeing my psychiatrist. A waste of time

It lasted 5 minutes. They did ask if I wanted to join a group like yoga or mindfulness. I said no.

12 Likes

what do u want then?

2 Likes

That sucks donkey balls man. Think they have written you off?

Did you tell them you were struggling?

Lol. They wrote me off just before I got on abilify.

But now that I’ve been out of hospital for 5 years they’ve just got more important cases I guess.

Did they only see u for 5 minutes ?

It pisses me off some doctors think out of hospital means well

4 Likes

I told them motivation/avolition was my biggest complaint. But not surprisingly they just kind of nodded. Nothing they can do.

1 Like

Yes. 5 minutes. Quick fire questions like do i have any thoughts of harming myself etc.

Wow i would conplain to shiit if my pdoc spent only 5 minutes with me.

Thats a joke its so quick.

2 Likes

If you’re not an acute case you get put to the bottom of the pile. At least that’s how it is in the UK.
The fact you may have chronic difficulties is more likely than not to be either dismissed, or just not considered.

2 Likes

They always push the mindfulness. It’s the latest craze.

4 Likes

I don’t trust doctors who are like that. To me it means they don’t really want to know my health problems.

2 Likes

its a shame, yoga and stuff can be fun and halp you

2 Likes

how often do u see the pdoc?

1 Like

Every 3 months. They can’t do anymore for me so it just seems like a waste of time.

I’m sorry @everhopeful.
My pdoc only sees me for no more than 10 minutes.
It’s starting to get on my nerves to be honest.

Last time I had a phone session with her and it was for like 5 minutes.

Getting tired of this kind of treatment.

2 Likes

I had one pdoc who seemed like he disliked me. There were a couple of times I was thinking, “Aren’t you supposed to be on my side?”

1 Like

They say one of the leading causes of death in people with mental illnesses is lack of proper care.
I’m so thankful for my pdoc.
Can you get a different one?

2 Likes

My pdoc only sees me for about 20 mins every 3 months. The person I see the most from my CMHT is the employment support lady. She’s really nice.

1 Like