Just back from seeing my psychiatrist. A waste of time

No I can’t switch. I think it’s just because I’m stable and there’s nothing more they can do.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

That’s how my visits usually are about 5 minutes and I only see my pdoc twice a year

1 Like

I can understand why they might just be checking up on you quickly, but when you ask some questions they should give you some time and try to come up with new solutions. Not being able to switch pdoc limits you though.

Is a change in ap in order, would you be willing to risk it?

1 Like

Is Abilify the only ap you take? If you don’t mind me asking.

I always thought it was from lack of living.

1 Like

Yes abilify is the only ap that I take.

I drive 45 minutes to see my pdoc. I get there at 9 (the time of the appointment), but by pdoc doesn’t show up until 9:30-9:45. Then, we talk for like 5-10 minutes about how I’m feeling. I don’t lie to her, but I don’t tell her everything.

1 Like

Oof. I hate how short the appointments get after the first one. They just turn into refill carousels. Youre not alone in this, its happened to me too, but I finally got a doctor who cares about me, and get this: she isnt even a psychiatrist! She gives me a full 30-45 minutes though and actually gets into how Im doing etc. like a therapist.

I know its probably hard to find someone like this, needle in a haystack but maybe you should move on and find someone who cares more?

2 Likes

I would have asked if there were free yoga classes available. Yoga is awesome but can be expensive.

Psychiatrists are not counselors (generally speaking in the US.) They do medication management. I like short appointments with my psychiatrist. No need to be friends; I just want my meds.

1 Like

My appointments used to last 5 mins but now I take someone with me they tend to last the full 30 mins.

1 Like

I think they need extra schooling to do therapy, right? But I agree with you. My psychiatrist routinely spends up to 45 minutes with me but still doesn’t really do much besides tell me the typical stuff. But it does feel good that he cares. He even referred me to an ADHD doctor so I give him props for that.

1 Like

It annoys me when they ask if you have thoughts of self harm if you did have thoughts of self harm they’d do sod all about it

3 Likes

I just had my session the other day, because i came home for a week.
5 minutes and no change in medication because i´m experiencing a “lot of changes”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.