Joining a clubhouse

If you are in a clubhouse, do you want to tell me about it? How often do you go, how long you’ve been going, what activities you’ve been doing there, what it’s like… I had visited one last year and felt the people were somewhat lower functioning than me but right now I am not doing too well. I used to work part time as a special ed tutor. The one my case manager and I chose is in the city and close to my support groups. It’s complicated but I’m hoping to find something productive to do up until my symptoms fully subside and I can go back to work. I’m also going through some problems with my best friend and need ways to get active again to avoid ruminating.

3 Likes

Calling :iphone: @mrhappy

2 Likes

Hi Julian, thanks!

2 Likes

i’ve been going to one for about a year, its good for me in so many ways its hard to list them all, your clubhouse might be different to mine though, i’d suggest easing into it first, just getting there and staying for a while is an achievement, get to know the staff.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. What were some ways it helped you?

1 Like

Helped me meet new friends and gain confidence but at first it was just something to do, somewhere to hangout

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.