Schizophrenia.com

Job applicants with schizophrenia facing ‘discrimination’

“People with schizophrenia in paid employment are over five times more likely to achieve remission from their condition than those who are unemployed or in unpaid employment, according to the report, Working with Schizophrenia.”

Personally, I don’t know if that’s causal or coincidental. I.e. Which came first, the remission or the job.

Was going to say the same thing, which came first. The level of severity of this Illness differs person to person.

more than likely both.

The voices, the protagonist ones, tell me to stay unemployed. My SZ involves chronic fatigue & pain, though. Plus, why be a slave? Be free.

I think a job can help… if it’s the right fit.

For me it was all by degrees… I got a little better and the day hospital helped me get a small part time job… It was as a janitor. I worked from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.

I got a little better and managed a few more hours … got a few degrees better and managed to work my way up to a 30 hour week…

I do believe my job has helped me… It is a fit… I work out in the parks… I’m not in an office too much. It helps me keep going.

Couldn’t say. Attribute 90% of my recovery to my being a stubborn ■■■■■■■. I’ll probably wind up as a zombie because I’ll die one day, refuse to accept it, and head out the door like usual. I’m bad that way.

Pixel.