I've been reading peoples accounts of schizophrenia

I realise now that the sooner I go in, the better. I need to get a diagnosis and I need to get meds. This thing in my head will be beaten eventually. I have to beat it.

5 Likes

Havent u been diagnosed…!!!

1 Like

Early intervention with medications leads to better outcomes it’s very simple.

It’s rare to self diagnose. It really is. You need a professional to guide you through it and a shrink is the way to go. Be careful of what you wish for is something I always believe!

If you’re hallucinating, you need to get medication.

Hearing other people’s accounts should also remind you that being belittled and told you are bad by a voice happens to almost EVERY schizophrenic, and most of those people have never done anything bad to anyone. So you know it’s just par for the course and not tailored to you… believing in the latter can be a nightmare.

I never once actually wished for this. I was just excited to have finally figured out what the ■■■■ was wrong with me. I haven’t been diagnosed. I just know that I am. It just makes sense. I have been told that I’m a monster by the voices. They’ve told me that I’m bad and I guess I believed them. When I was a teenager it happened a lot. Now that is every once in awhile. I’ve rarely had to do anything bad to anyone else. Mostly the bad things happened to me.

I’ve had weeks and once even almost two months without a single hallucination. So it’s possible with the right medication, but you might have to be prepared for it to come and go.

I had Bipolar my whole life, but I start my schizophrenic timeline not from when I was diagnosed but from when I heard my first voices. I got diagnosed shortly after by just being honest to the doctor I usually see for Bipolar disorder.

I just thought everyone went through what I was going through and that nothing was wrong with me. My family told me I was just ADD. So did the doctors. That’s ■■■■■■■■. I was constantly looking for the cameras. I thought “they” were out to get me. I saw things that weren’t there. I heard things that weren’t there. I literally saw things in the darkness that people don’t normally see. my door was growing. I saw a bottle of vape juice walking along on a spinning wheel with a sun in the corner when I woke up one morning. I saw three identical rabbits. One that ran faster than any rabbit should be able to run and two that stopped moving and started again periodically. One of their heads disappeared and then came back. The other one stopped in the middle of a jump I think. I was literally about a foot away from them and they weren’t moving even though I was screaming at them that they weren’t real. I see things all the time. Like nearly constantly. My keyboard on my phone dances. The bed moves. The dimensions of the room I’m in start changing. Things are not ■■■■■■■ right in my head. I have schizophrenia. Of this I am sure even if the people around me don’t believe it. Thank you all for accepting me with open arms. I deeply appreciate it because I feel like i’ve been going crazy for a very long time now.

A few nights ago I randomly saw a teddy bear running down the hallway of a hospital. I’ve seen Vegeta from Dragonball Z with George W. Bush’s voice (he claimed the normal Vegeta voice sounded too angry) in miniature form flying around my hotel room blowing holes in the walls with energy beams.

If you’re anything like me you’ll get to a point where you just disregard it as random mind junk, like when you’re dreaming. Whatever you do don’t try to connect any dots between what you see and the real world, that leads to a bad place!

1 Like

Yeah I know. I don’t know what I’ve actually heard my roommates say and what they actually say. Sometimes they respond to things I don’t think I’ve said, but at the same time think I might’ve said aloud without hearing it or feeling my mouth move. I think the neighbors have said things to me, but I don’t know. Back at the old apartment my other roommates really did speak to me from the other room when I was high. These roommates and my last ones have told me that I still say things that I don’t feel or hear myself say when I’m sober minded. This really alarms me. They are extremely tired of my ■■■■■■■■. I am too. The voices say some of the weirdest things and the intrusive thoughts are sometimes too weird to handle. I feel like I’m constantly fighting myself. I’ve legitimately threatened to burn the house down using my thoughts to speak to them. This is strange. Is it not? I’ve asked some of the diagnosed schizophrenics on here and they say that this is a symptom that some of them have gone through. The speaking thing, not the burning the house down thing… That might just be because I’m ■■■■■■ up. I actually almost did it when I thought they were plotting against me or lying to me or some ■■■■. There was a lot that went into that one.

You can’t get an accurate diagnosis on the so called street drugs!

Give up tripping and speed and pot. They test you out here anyways if your going to a shrink the first time these days.

Street drugs can mimic schizophrenia!

Yeah, but I experienced these things long before I ever did any street drugs.

I’ve been sober for a long time now aside from one or two dph trips scattered throughout the past month. I realised that it’s just a more intense version of what I commonly experience almost every night and then today because I had like half a bowl of weed. I haven’t done anything else for quite some time now. Like three or four months now. Like plenty of time to get it out of my system. Today I found the remains of my old stash. It was half a bowl. Not even that actually.

First time I really smoked was like a year ago.

I was experiencing these things a long time before that and I have continued to experience them almost every day.

I had cocaine at one or two points in Reno like about a year ago now. Maybe a little over which would make the first time I really smoked weed a little over a year ago. It’s been months since I stopped. Not sure how many. I think I stopped about a month or two before we moved into this apartment and I think it’s been about three or four months in this apartment. So, anywhere from three to five months since I smoked aside from today.

It’s been many years since the suspected beginning of my mental problems.

only hallucinogen I’ve ever been on is dph and that is recently because I learned you can trip on it and I haven’t had access to anything else for quite some time.

Please don’t discredit me after that. I saw and heard ■■■■ before I started. That just was an interesting experience today so I decided to make a post about how I really need to get diagnosed so people will believe me. I fully ■■■■■■■ believe I’ll be diagnosed. I match up with schizophrenic ■■■■ really well. Like uncomfortably so. It’s real. I can safely say that. The ■■■■ I see and hear is getting worse by the day. Tonight has been terrible. I feel like everyone is mocking me for some reason.

Also, sorry I curse like a sailor. They bleep it out though. That’s good. This should be a clean place.

I read a lot of this

sorry you are suffering

I wonder if having ADD is a greater risk for sz.

This is actually a very rare illness

but yeah I’d try to get in as soon as you can
to get a proper diagnosis.

1 Like