I've been dating a schizophrenic over a year and need help with an issue

So I’ve been dating my girlfriend for over a year. She’s diagnosed schizophrenic and her medicine eliminates all of her hallucinations. I commonly take care of her whenever she forgets to take her medicine or runs out for a little while and I’m very experienced in how she acts and how to take care of her during episodes. I very much care for her and she is quite pretty but as we’ve been together she’s told me countless stories of people I know and consider friends hitting on her or trying to kiss her etc. but I believe her. It’s cost me a few friendships. The issue is that one of my friends did something towards my girlfriend especially innappropriate to a degree that I had to tell HIS girlfriend. However his girlfriend doesn’t believe my girlfriend because of her schizophrenia and is shaming me for believing her
Now I absolutely believe my girlfriend.
But I’m posting on this forum because I want a little extra confirmation that there’s no way my girlfriend hallucinates these experiences
I’m not suspicious just a little curious because the amount of sexual advances made at her when I’m not around are alarming but I also probably just have shitty friends.

1 Like

■■■■ no to this victim blamey nonsense. Not playing that game. If you don’t personally experience psychosis you don’t belong here. Try the caregiver forum.

2 Likes

People with mental illness are 80% more likely to be abused, specifically because their abusers know nobody will believe them.

I’d like to encourage you to join our forum for Family and Caregivers that can be found at:

While this is a peer support forum for people with schizophrenia and other closely related psychotic disorders, the Family forum is specifically for people like yourself, who have a loved one they are concerned about.

Also, please let your loved one know about this forum as they may find it helpful.

Best of luck,

Ninjastar
Volunteer Moderator

2 Likes