It's better to be rich and miserable than poor and miserable

I have a friend that I went to school with. He’s very successful in business now and quite well off. But his wife left him and he has a drinking problem. He’s just been diagnosed with a mental illness (not sz) and is refusing to take meds.

1 Like

It’s better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable. But ya you’re probably right too.

4 Likes

I hope your friend circumstances improve soon…keep being supportive

1 Like

In AA I meet former Percocet and OxyContin addicts they say “when I was using drugs I would pay $600 a day on drugs, when I got sober I thought I’d have $600 extra dollars a day to save, but it doesn’t work that way, I’m still broke! Good thing I don’t care about money!” Then he nudged me and laughed.

1 Like

be poor like me no job no money so no honey …!!:pray:
i sometime like my miserable state …No big dreams to chase .:eyes:…just medicine and active meditation …some say its a form of psycho therapy…:alien:
sorry its out of topic but title of thread touched my heart…!!!
try to be with ur suffering friend…and work to consolidate him as u know a lots about mental illness…
be always ever hopeful…thanks…:grinning:
take care…:+1:

3 Likes

I bet if he stops drinking he will feel much better. Of course he’s probably self medicating but that’s bad medication. take the prescribed ones!

4 Likes

Had lots of money got sick lost money. Became poor realized it’s not the money that makes you happy but quality time spent with those you love and love you. I will take poor and happy over anything else.

2 Likes

I like having my tech toys.

I’m pretty like sz it is probably important to take your meds. I think I would rather be rich then poor though as the title says. Although I guess being happy is more important. I don’t know I guess it is part of me I wish to make a positive difference more than being happy though.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.