It's been two weeks since I've showered

and I stink to high heavens and I can’t stand myself but the thought of getting into that shower water is just more than I can bear. What to do?

2 Likes

Sponge bath is not very noisy.

3 Likes

force yourself and just do it as if no other choice.

3 Likes

It’s not the noise that bothers me. It’s the water and wetness and the whole washing process. The work involved.

2 Likes

I haven’t taken a shower in about a week but my motivation level has been very low lately.

You can do this @SkinnyMe!

5 Likes

I use music in the shower and it helps me shower once every week. Also I can’t sleep without bathing for more than a week because my body becomes very itchy.

2 Likes

I’ve had a hard time getting in the shower…but for some odd reason I’m able to start a bath and by the time I hear the water finish filling, I’m willing to go in get wet and do my hygiene routine. I usually just plop in and relax for a bit, getting used to the water…but eventually I’m doing it and I’ve bathed more in the past month then in the previous two. So its working. I say give it a try.

The shock of adjusting the water and having to fuss about while getting sprayed is a turn off for me.

2 Likes

you can always take some baby wipes or wet wipes and wipe your body down, its not that wet and youll dry off quickly, or you can take a super damp rag with a little soap and gently wipe yourself down or at least wipe off the worst areas which ill assume is your underarms

1 Like

Yeah I’ll usually bring my phone to the bathroom and I’ll listen to Spotify while showering.

4 Likes

@naturallycured, @Aziz, @toothbox, @Wave, @pr21, @Ryanana, Hey guys. I called my sister and suggested we go visit the cemeteries since we didn’t go on Memorial day. She agreed. So, this has given me the incentive to shower within the next two hours.

Thanks all of you!

11 Likes

Maybe you could use a wet face cloth and wash your body clean with it.

Would that be easier?

Or a wipe.

1 Like

I know what you mean about not wanting to shower. Right now I’m holding steady at two showers a week. I feel better when I shower, but it is still hard for me to make myself do it.

1 Like

I showered guys! Thanks!

10 Likes

Well done @SkinnyMe how do you feel? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wonderful! And thank you @Resilient1.

3 Likes

I have problems with washing too, well done :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

You’ll feel better after a shower. Idk.

1 Like

Well done Skinny me, its always a nice feeling after one showers!

1 Like

I shower once every two weeks and brush my teeth once a day

1 Like

I shower everyday with freezing cold water. It’s usually hot in South Florida but it shocks my system and wakes me up. I like staying clean and feeling clean. I change my clothes everyday and my underwear when it starts to smell. Before I stabilized I didn’t care about staying clean and lost all motivation to shower but with time I made it a habit. I also dress nicer and wear stylish clothes. It helps keeping me feeling good about myself. I recommend everyone do it.

1 Like