It may be time to go to the hospital

How do I do it and maintain control to a degree.

I’d say go to the local ER and tell them what’s going on.

1 Like

Im at reading university atm doing a degree in meteorology and climate.
Although its touch there is lots of support in the uni such as help on studying, stress relief tips for near exam times, and a counselling support team there to help you with anything else thats troubling you.
Stick at it!
Feel free to email me if you want to talk…x

Larry.

Can you call your doctor or family? And tell them you may need to go to the hospital? Or the emergency room?Maybe they will come over in person and “talk you down”. I avoided the hospital a few times by just talking out my problems and my symptoms with live people. If you can’t hang on then maybe they will give you a ride and help check you into the hospital. When I was going through my worst times 25 years ago, I only went into the hospital as a last resort.When I felt like I was going to go “crazy” at any second. Some people seem to go in for a pre-empptive strike and go in way before they feel REALLY bad. I think they have the better idea than me. Can you call your husband at work? You sound like you are in bad shape. You may need to do something and take action before you fall apart completely.

2 Likes

sorry i thought you said how do i maintain a degree!!
haha silly me…

1 Like

I am so afraid to call him. He loves me, he really does, but, I know he will blame this on the medication… I am stuck. My bath water is cold, I can’t breathe.

Have you put thought into this situation before? I’m just thinking in terms of something like a WRAP plan that I had to put together once.

Where if necessary would you most want to be hospitalized? Etc.

Wish I could be of far more help, but there must be places you’re been that can help you. What about contacting you’re current treatment provider?

keep the head cool at this point, or at least try you’re best.

1 Like

what do you mean you can’t breath?

Hang in there samples, If I can do it anyone can do it!

1 Like

Pdoc. I can call the pdoc.

1 Like

I’m panicking. I can’t breath.

okay, can you call you’re doctor? I think there’s generally even a way to page you’re doctor through the voicemail system even.

1 Like

Wait! If I call the pdoc will he send someone after me?!?!??!!?!!!

no, but if he asks you if you want to go to something inpatient then just go willingly, it’s a safe place at least at this point.

is it not?

1 Like

somebody back me up here with some positive advice :sunny:

1 Like

I called and hung up. I am going to hide under my covers and text Aaron.

Okay. Whatever works is my philosophy. Get through it and live to fight another day.

2 Likes

Samples, in the late eighties my doctor checked me into the hospital. I walked and met him half-way and we walked to the psyche ward together. He knew the staff and they knew him. He talked to them and helped with paperwork. I was in a few times for 4 or 5 days and he visited me and we had sessions in the hospital. I humiliated myself by lying about my drug use.He found out I was lying because they gave me a urine test in the hospital and I tested positive for cocaine. I’m only bringing this up to show you shouldn’t lie to your doctors.
I also called the cops two or three times to come and pick me up and take me to the hospital. The third time they came out to give me a ride to the hospital they told me they don’t usually do that. But in an emergency I would call them again.
How big a deal would it be to cal your husband? Would it cause BIG problems? Or just an argument? He probably knows you best and it’s good to have someone you know and trust in an emergency.

1 Like

He would tell me no more medication. It would be a fight. A big fight with no resolution. I have not lied to my pdoc. I will inform him of this, but, I am afraid of my husband and the hospital. I have no one to watch my babies and I can’t be away from them.

I am in bed and feeling safer. Just attempting to discern reality.

hope you feel better soon x

1 Like