Is this depression or negative symptoms

Not having an interest in anything.

Feeling detached from yourself.

1 Like

Could be depression, I get that way when depressed, but also I’m alone 99% of the time so could be that

2 Likes

Not having interest in anything can be both feeling detached from yourself is probably depersonalization

3 Likes

I would say negative symptoms, but I am not a doctor. :bear::bear::bear:

3 Likes

Thanks ‘peeps’ :star2: :star2: :star2:

2 Likes

My personal opinion is that I don’t know if it is depression because I remain hopeful that my situation will change.

Can you be depressed if you are hopeful

1 Like

Im not sure but depression often makes you feel you are doomed as like you are in a hole without someone to save you.

1 Like

So they feel no hope?

1 Like

From personal experience i felt no hope but i cant talk for everyone who has a mood disorder.

2 Likes

My psychiatrist feels that I’m not schizophrenic but the thing is that I suffer with negative symptoms like lack of pleasure and lack of motivation.

In my case I think it’s the antipsychotic and maybe some depression and older age.

I’ve got some health issues.

With you it could be some depression @anon66864989

2 Likes

I asked myself the same question @anon66864989
That could be a mix of both.

I think that psychiatrists can prescribe AD for negative symptoms… It maybe depends on the place you live in.

Personally, if I am not treated continuously for depression, I can be very down. I have a constant depressive background but I have good meds that help a lot.

Do you take any medication for the mood?
Negative symptoms can also be persistent. I believe it is more difficult to get rid of it than the positive symptoms.

For having read you a little over the past few weeks, you have had some very striking things.
You said you wanted to see a psychotherapist. I hope it will help you. (maybe not for the disinterest of everything, I don’t know actually)

1 Like

Yea I really don’t like antidepressants personally. I feel they are like sweeties.

But whatever works for anyone personally is what works for them.

I have a therapy assessment mid May so I’m excited about that.

But yes you are right I think it’s a mix of both negs and deprssn.

What do you take for mood again, is it sertraline?

2 Likes

I take three meds for mood disorder… :no_mouth:
Lithium, Sertraline, and lamotrigine… It’s maybe a bit too much but I don’t have the choice…
Without them, I fall inside the hole. :confused:

3 Likes

It could be just negatives from the sz, but like @GrayBear said I’m no doctor.

I also suffer with a lack of interest and pleasure. I bought a super expensive and nice computer and I haven’t even opened the box yet. :frowning: I’m debating on returning it, but I might regret it down the road.

3 Likes

That’s okay Follement, if it works for you that’s All that matters :+1:

2 Likes

Yea I know the feeling. I have a TV in my room with amazon prime on it to watch movies. My family like to play board games sometimes. My family went to play tennis the other day. But nope, I just don’t see the fun in any of it.

2 Likes

I know the feeling friend. Are you allowed to go on busrides again? Maybe take the bus this weekend to a mall or shopping center and buy some nice clothes or something like that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, yes I can go on bus rides, shall do next week :slight_smile:

Do you still go library?

2 Likes

Cool! Oh yeah, I walk to the library at least once a week. I’m always checking movies out from there. And the librarians are super nice. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good to get out. Regularly. Love it.

2 Likes