Is solpisism delusional?

No contemporary philosopher upholds solipsism. That said, a year ago I came to believe that I’d solved this particular challenge, which led me to some other discoveries. So, que question is: is believing yourself to be to only non-human conscious being, alongside the devil, delusional per se?

Yes very delusional. You cannot prove solipsism. It is very unhealthy.

2 Likes

Many controversial talking points (from string theory to God’s existence) are not, despite their lack of falsifiability regarded as delusional.

1 Like

A clue of what I mean when I claim to have demonstrated solipsism from first principles: a rebuttal of Hilary Putnam’s semantic externalism, best illustrated by the Twin Earth thought experiment.

The only argument FOR solipsism is if we live in a simulation or brain in a vat or something similar like a Boltzmann brain I think. Who cares?

1 Like

I care, deeply.

1 Like

Well, are you suffering? Because I used to suffer from solipsism and it was hell. I learned to move on. Found out it was related to severe detachment from reality ie dp/dr and dissociation.

1 Like

I am solipsist.i even have a tattoo saying Solus Ipse

1 Like

We are literarily the same person, so I see no conflict.

1 Like

Solipsism is a primitive stage of schizophrenia. If you’re not sufficiently treated, you never break out of that phase.

The people in this universe are unique and separate from me, doing their own things. I no longer think they’re all “linked” to me and my thoughts. It took successful treatment to feel like this.

1 Like

I am being treated, in fact, I’m currently in hospital, but the belief has grown stronger of lately.

If the treatment is inadequate, and your health is failing, then the delusions get worse.

It takes an alkaline, healthy diet to reduce symptoms as well. Can’t eat an acidic diet and expect to get healthy. Soda and coffee are particularly bad for this.

Hope you get better though!

1 Like

Solipsism is a sign of mental illness as I see it. There is way too much to the world to say it’s just in your mind. The only reason it can’t be disproven is because you can’t take some one else’s perspective

2 Likes

Sure, dude. Lol

1 Like

Solipsism on a whole is just a thought, a theory, a fun little mind game.

When solipsistic tendencies take over, they can enter the realm of delusions, specially when reinforced by positives

1 Like

I think you’re delusional. I don’t know necessarily that, by itself it is, but your reasoning towards it doesn’t really seem logical.

The strong belief in it, could be a sign of an enlarged sense of ego, and thats sorta typical of schz, all signs seem to point that way, that you’re probably not as far along on your journey to recovery as you could be.

1 Like

It’s a concept in philosophy but not agreed by all philosophical scholars.

2 Likes

The most obvious statement is “I exist”.
Moreover, dreams prove that mind can create a whole world.

2 Likes

I showed my tattoos to my new psychiatrist.
The goddess Annette, I told him, is the voice of a goddess. The Solus Ipse means only Self, it’s solipsism. And the OMISM tattoo is my religion. He was very interested. He didn’t mock me as the previous ones

The greatest philosophers were all delusional to an extent.

That being said, if you can convince someone, through whatever means, that something is deemed as true; then you’re considered “not delusional”

Just look at what Psychologists do.

Descartes is one of my favourite philosophers.

“I think, therefore I am”

1 Like