Is mirtazapine or trazadone any good?

I am looking for a new antidepressant, I tried lexapro(got headaches and was stinulating unpleasantly), cymbalta (made me manic), trintellix (messed up with my cognition) Amitryptiline (made me impotent). I heard sertraline is the same as lexapro, so dont want to try. Effexor heard is also hardcore. How about trazadone and mirtazapine? My last pdoc was thinking of prescribing it

1 Like

I don’t know about any of those except Effexor. I quit taking it because I heard the withdrawals were terrible. Now I take Bupropion and I think it helps because I don’t get depressed or want to kill myself anymore.

1 Like

Oh yeah i forgot to mention I also tried wellbutrin (bupropion), it made me really anxious and I had severe insomnia on it

1 Like

Oh that sucks. I guess just try the meds you’re psychiatrist will let you try and see how they work for you.

1 Like

I think that I have tried all the meds that you have. I find that Trazadone works the best and it’s great to encourage sleeping.

1 Like

The withdrawals were brutal!

It’s a first generation antidepressant, I’ve read it’s not that effective on most people, but on some people it does work. Worth a shot. I’m taking it “off label” for akathisia.

Trazodone helps me. 150mg. Been on it for 4 years.

1 Like

Welcome go the community! How trazadone makes you feel? What positive changes you seen in yourself since starting?

I take Trazodone as a sleep aid.

Trazodone is a clean drug, but it doesn’t do much for depression.

1 Like

I’m taking 15mg mirtazapine for sleep, it helps a lot. I also take celexa (citalopram) which helps well too.

Welcome @Ned! 15

welcome to the forum @Ned =)

1 Like

I’m really not depressed I only need meds that can kick me down from my manic moods. So I only take antipsychotics that pull me back down on the ground otherwise I think I would empty every shop in my hometown.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Ned glad to see you here.