Is meditation bad for schizophrenics?

Should i not do it ?

3 Likes

Opinions differ. But I wouldn’t overdo it. I think a bit of it won’t hurt much, but don’t go doing it for days and days.

While meditating, voices get louder

2 Likes

If i meditate i can astral travel.

1 Like

Here is my reply. It depends. If you meditate I would think a person would have to be aware of how that person is thinking and feeling before, during, and after meditation. From my understanding, there are different types and purposes for meditation. You can research them to find out if they are of interest. Meditation experiences differ for different individuals. It may or may not help.

1 Like

I have meditated before. Sometimes it calms me. Sometimes it doesn’t. It may be that I haven’t develop enough skill in meditation. It may be that it wasn’t what was needed for to be calm at the time.

Sometimes with more time meditating results in the more positive results or negative results arise. This is where a person has to pay attention to the emotions and thoughts that arise. The positive and negative results will vary from person to person. Stop if it becomes too overwhelming.

1 Like

I meditate 15 minutes every morning, only light mindfulness mediation, nothing advanced. It helps me quite a lot.

A pdoc once warned me against deep meditation, like transcendental and other advanced methods. He said that mindfulness is okay, since its not that deep.

3 Likes

I meditate somewhat to fall asleep when I’m tired . I take heavy breath’s and focus only on them. Helps me fall asleep really well when I do it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.