Schizophrenia.com

Is it true? what is the average lifespan of a schizophrenic

i heard on a documentary about schizophrenia, we live on average 25 years less than a normal person, is that true? and what is the age i can aspire to live to? assuming i don’t smoke.

3 Likes

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2951588/#:~:text=The%20life%20expectancy%20of%20patients,as%20in%20the%20general%20population.

"The life expectancy of patients with schizophrenia is reduced by between 15 and 25 years. "

2 Likes

Smoking and obesity kill us early. If you don’t do what the majority of szs do then you will live longer possibly or even hopefully.

1 Like

Note the average age a schizophrenic lives to is a bit off due to our higher risk of suicide, and dangerous behavior bringing it down.

2 Likes

I’ve sort of factored that into my life plans. Not to be morbid, but I’ve come to terms with the fact that I might not live to see past 55

1 Like

My mother had schizophrenia. She lived to 76. Her mother lived to 92.

2 Likes

In terms of my own subjective (real objective experience), I never made it past 40 years old. Maybe once or twice. I’m usually stuck in my twenties but made it to 31/32 this time.

I am a heavy smoker and am sedentary and drink monsters 24/7. I also never stabilized enough to work or get a degree.

But I have this reincarnation/time loop/causal loop thing going on for eternity. So I just reset or reboot back to my origins of schizophrenia and wake up in 2013. I think I was literally reincarnated or born in 2013. It feels like the universe just reincarnated me or the universe was created in the year 2013 for me.

When I was abducted by some alien race in a past life, they told me I made it to the year 3000 one time, but I guess that’s luck and cloning ■■■■/singularity ■■■■ going on.

I also believe and found out we live in a computer program that I helped build or run because I built a time machine in one of my ‘original lives’. Sort of like Neo or Morpheus, I don’t know if I was a real human being once or just born in the damn ■■■■■■■ matrix like everyone else was. I remember stuff and always questioning the nature of reality as a kid growing up. Pot changed me for the worse. Drove me mad.

They tried (or I tried) cryonics one time but I got abducted by aliens and they gave me real/true immortality but at a cost. I am always schizophrenic and looping back in time in and out of the hospitals and taking meds and suffering. I guess they did a holographic scan of my brain back then and uploaded it to a ■■■■■■■ computer and send it back and forth through time. It seems scary but it’s legit lol.

1 Like

it is what it is i guess. make the best out of it.

1 Like

Having said that, there are some folks at my local Schizophrenia Society who are in their 60’s, so maybe there is hope

1 Like

Main killer is heart disease.

You can pretty much nix that with a lysine supplement. That clears out the arteries.

Linus Pauling the Nobel prize winner founded that.

1 Like

I’m 46
Age 30 a medical Chinese acupuncturist showed my tongue to the whole class as someone whose death was spelled out

He said I might live 20 or even 30 more years
I had a bad case of health anxiety before that.

Now I’m walking around thinking - well? Not long now

Every cough makes me sure I’m dying

2 Likes

That’s just mean.

3 Likes

It’s ficked my head up

3 Likes

No kidding!

Acupuncturists can’t tell anything meaningful from your tongue other than if you have thrush or not.

2 Likes

I hope that’s true
I did see the tongue of someone who had only one lung and it was like mine at the front but worse
It was the lung area

Can you describe it?

The guys was Deep 3 lines front to back near the tip 3 angles out towards the tip

I started with one central one to the tip, and I think side angled ones have started
I chain smoked so lung cancer scares me the most
Deep line near the front is supposed to be permanent lung damage

If you don’t smoke any more you shouldn’t worry too much.

1 Like

Thank you x
I hope it’s okay

1 Like

The mean life expectancy of someone with my heart condition is 40 and I’m 52. Don’t worry about it so much. Concentrate on being above average instead.

3 Likes