Is it difficult to be without a job?

Where I live there’s a free 4 week training course to get into that job.

I wouldn’t do within the next year thou I need to build on my wisdom.

2 Likes

Thats exactly what i did, i took a full year of doing nothing, went to a mindfulness course through my therapist and worked on being more positive. Really helped. I tried all types of jobs the next year but didnt seem to really feel like it was my thing

1 Like

Lifes easy without a job as long as you have a sufficient income. I do miss work however.

Pros of no job:

• Less stress, so less illness flare-ups

• Easier to make it to medical appointments

Cons of no job:

• Less cash

• People turn their noses up at you for being unemployed

4 Likes

Lol

Blockquote

1 Like

I loved my job. But I lost it when I became unwell.

Since loosing it, until recently I had no desire to work.

If I did not have children I would go back to work now in a heartbeat. Maybe in a few years when they are older and in school.

1 Like

You spend such a lot of time working, that just it being a means to an end is just simply the wrong way to look at it.

If I do not have fulfilment in what I am doing I simply cannot do it

3 Likes

How is work going @Joker ?

It’s going well. I failed to get the promotion, but I will not let that influence or deter my efforts

Have you organised what you’re doing now?

2 Likes

Almost there. Still need an apartment. But hoping to get it sorted in the next couple of weeks.

How long have you been in the job? Usually a promotion takes at least 3 years of seniority.

1 Like

Hope you can find somewhere good!

I have done this job for 18 months, but I have 5 years additional experience in this field from another time.

Actually earning less now than I did 7 years ago, but I accepted the cut in position and pay because in-between was a significant lapse in symptoms that destroyed my career at the previous job.

Been able to tolerate the difference to a point, but I am needing to earn some more money to cover a loan

Basically today I have asked for permission to do some limited private work to boost earnings.

Biting my lip being in a lesser position to influence and make decisions has been difficult.

Seems very alien to me how they deal with progression.

But not to worry. What will be will be

3 Likes

I understand your frustration. But you’re in a career. That part is already an accomplishment.

1 Like

I don’t like being pigeonholed into the level I have been.

Literally cannot work any harder than I do already

If you’re going to raise peoples expectations then you’d better back up the assertion

1 Like

I’ve seen people wait decades for a promotion.

In dutch we say ‘de aanhouder wint’, meaning ‘the one who persists wins’.

I have been told pretty much on a weekly basis for the last year that I am working at the level.

It’s not me who has set the scene for this

They have been telling me so much I thought fine, I will apply to do it

Then I get rejected because I am unable to do the interview properly

The merit is not being taken into account, which is something I am taking exception to

3 Likes

My friend i gotta say you are really an inspiration

1 Like

I have calmed down now about what I posted earlier

My head has been racing through what number of different things I could do next

But I will absorb this setback and continue doing a job I value and love

The salary will just have to stretch more than it has done to date

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

@Joker
Glad you’re working through it so well. Sorry for the long PMs, just wanted to help. Hopefully I could a little! :hugs:

They value you too. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you @Shmookitty

pretty tired now so will try and get up early enough tomorrow to write back

1 Like

No rush! I’m just glad you’re at peace. :slight_smile: