Is forgotfullness ....prolonged sz....?

these days i forgot like most of important things…
is it hust stress or something else…

I’d keep monitoring and try to control your stress and see if you can find out. Maybe consult a professional, they should know how to get the right information out of you to help you sort it out. When did you notice this start happening, has anything changed in your diet or lifestyle, etc.

Problem for me is I can’t seem to hold onto facts any more. I still know a lot of things in general but when the info gets to specific I don’t trust it and I have to reference. That may just be a byproduct of living in the information age.

1 Like

I am struggling with this in writing my thesis. Some elementary stuff that I should just know I write down and then start to question it. I take this to be a symptom of skeptical doubts - which are quite present in schizophrenia, says my thesis.

It’s not bad to be skeptical, even of things you already know. Makes things more difficult, but also in conversation you don’t seem so much like a know it all.

I lost the confidence though of retaining factual information. Something that I might have to work to reattain if life requires it. I do plan on getting back into the real world some day.

1 Like

Memory impairment is a thing in schizophrenia. Seriously. Especially our short term or “working” memory. Not as good as normal people’s by a fair bit on average. Mine is flawed but was so good before onset that it doesn’t interfere with functioning. I have OCD patterns to compensate for it, such as checking if my car lights are off twice, checking my pockets whenever I get up from laying down, ect.

1 Like

Sometimes meds can be a factor. I was really deeply psychotic and on a drug that pushed me into myself very deeply. I have just a handful of memories from 2007-2012. I got off of it in 2012 and suddenly entered remission. The reason the memories dwindled in 2007 was that was when I officially dropped out of college. While I was still doing stuff, I didn’t have the structure I did that helped me place things. It’s weird though because so much was going in and lodging somewhere I wasn’t aware of. I have memories of things most people wouldn’t retain. Like fun stories from childhood that my friends can’t remember. I’m also very good at retaining facts and I’m good at applying them instantly so that aids with memory. A lot of memory is recording things. If you aren’t recording it you aren’t able to have a memory. So sometimes because we’re spaced out and only present partially, we aren’t putting something in our head properly to form what can be remembered.

1 Like