Is anyone afraid to switch meds

I noticed that this is an old thread that has been revived.

I am not only afraid of switching meds, but very afraid, this is one of the main reasons why I have decided to stick with the Risperdal.

Risperdal has kept me pretty darn stable for about 4 - 5 years or so. I have decided to put up with the side effects that this drug gives me, because I came to the realization that all of the meds have side effects - at least I know that I will be sane on the Risperdal.

My pdoc and I have decided, that I can switch meds if my prolactin levels shoot up way above the normal range

1 Like

After 5years of moderate success with risperdal I am wary of a possible med change due to prolactin. If it’s a switch as opposed to adding on a small dose of abilify it will likely be to another depot. I have little knowledge of patient experiences with the other atypical depots which makes me wary.

I’m in the same boat as you. I’ve been on Geodon and Seroquel for over ten years, and they’re doing me good. However, I have gotten a little pudgy on them. My pdoc tried me on Latuda, but it seemed like I was angry all the time when I was on that drug. That might have been withdrawal from Geodon and Seroquel, though. Abilify helped me with my negative symptoms, but it got me a little too amped up. That seems to be the case with a lot of people. Right now I would rather stay on Geodon and Seroquel.

1 Like