Irrelavent topic

I wonder if it would be economically productive to ship hay to the western United States from eastern Oklahoma by train. I don’t even know if there are any cattle out there. I think Texas has a few cattle that sometimes are threatened by drought. Where I live there are these huge hay meadows that could produce a lot of forage for animals needing nutrition.

3 Likes

The west has plenty of cattle. But we also have the reservations here in the four corners. That’s where we get our hay from, at least. Still, I don’t know enough to say it would or wouldn’t be profitable.

1 Like

You guys are some agricultural geniuses I have no idea what ur talking about lol :joy:

1 Like

I think there are areas in Texas that need help when a drouth comes. With the drouth in the west there should be some farms that need hay brought to them. Railroad lines would be crucial. I doubt if a hay truck could take the punishment of hauling hay much more than short distances. It would be more economical to haul hay by railroad than by truck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.