Irrational Fears

I fear roaches, bees, mosquito’s. I also have an overwhelming fear of the general public. I hate crowds. I try to avoid them as much as possible. But this fear comes from being tormented/bullied as a kid, had a nice family life just not so lucky with people not related to me.

I also have a fear that anytime I hear an argument outside my window I feel someone’s going to pull a gun and I’ll wind up getting hit by a stray bullet. This hasn’t happened to me but I’ve heard several news stories of it happen to other people. Last night around 2am there was a fight going on, or rather one angry man shouting obscenities and a few people trying to calm him down. I wanted to see what was going on but I was afraid to look out my window and have their attention put on me for eavesdropping…so I stayed in bed and just listened to the argument go on for several minutes…like 10 -15 minutes.

I also have a fear that going out on my own one of these times I’m going to get robbed. Again hasn’t happened yet, but I could see it happening at any time. The biggest part of this fear isn’t the actually being robbed it being stuck somewhere because if my purse was stolen then my bus money would be stolen and I couldn’t get home again. Or my phone would be stolen and I wouldn’t be able to get help. I live in the city so I know I can probably find help not to far where ever I go but it’s just an overwhelming fear I have.

Oh yes, and I have a fear of big dogs.

That sucks…you can’t say those fears are irrational because they could happen but possibilities are probably low, and certainly not with such consequences as you imagine.

I wonder how doctors deal with those pts…
@notmoses, you say?

You already know. ( :grinning: )

REBT – Rational emotive behavior therapy - Wikipedia
Schematherapy – Schema therapy - Wikipedia
Learned Optimism – Learned optimism - Wikipedia
Standard CBT – http://www.beckinstitute.org/what-is-cognitive-behavioral-therapy/About-CBT/252/

And if one or two of them doesn’t bust it up…

DBT – http://behavioraltech.org/resources/whatisdbt.cfm
MBSR – Welcome to the Mindful Living Blog
ACT – ACT | Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
MBBT – An Introduction to Mind-Body Bridging & the I-System – New Harbinger Publications, Inc
10 StEP – Pair A Docks: The 10 StEPs of Emotion Processing
SEPT – Somatic experiencing - Wikipedia
SMPT – Sensorimotor psychotherapy - Wikipedia

I knew it. I just knew it.

Like I said. (Hey. Check your email, girl.)

Before I got sz; getting cancer, getting shot on the street, and some spirit watching me at night.

Now my fears are just being rejected by people, ending up homeless, thinking God is gonna punish me some day like with death for having demons being part of my schizophrenia, heights, and a few other things.

I went to a spiritiual healer and she told me that demons are capable of killing me and whoever I love, (good thing I’m single!) but I don’t know about that one just yet. Tactile hallucinations become painful at times so sometimes I believe that.

And one of my dumbest fears, living alone without a wife for the rest of my days.

after sz: the fears i mostly experienced were about the end of the world, the devil or the antichrist. i know these things are silly but if the voices start talking all this apocalyptical garbage you cant distinguish between what is real and what is not. :pray:

before sz: i thought i was the one to be feared :imp:

Well it’s weird how many fears we have in common.
For a long time I was afraid of those exorcism / possession bs…and even today I cant watch or read anything about it… But that’s just an influence of religious freaks.

I would stay away from spiritual ‘healers’.

I literally asked the priest yesterday for an exorcism and he looked at me like, “man, ■■■■ that, that’s too much work for nothing! I gotta call the bishop, then the mayor…” lol

I don’t know, I can literally control my auditory hallucinations and make myself sound demonic externally… If I could show a kid a magic trick or skill, that would be it…

You know…some people have so strong imagination that they are able to live in the worlds they create.
Like artists, poets, visionaries.
But those who are weak, they get lost.

I’m weak so I don’t even want to entertain the idea about demons.

you are not weak that is rubbish…
you are strong, and highly intelligent…
fear does not make you weak… :heart_eyes:
fear is our greatest teacher :books:
take care :alien:

2 Likes

You have to believe in God… so you have to believe in demons…

If you’[d just realize it’s just a bunch nanoscopic rocks bouncing around you might feel a little safer…

we’re the ■■■■■■■ sz people who actually hear voices and experience “possession” and ■■■■

No gods… no masters… this is the modern world

1 Like

I guess there is no arguing with Darksith. :crown:

2 Likes

How you gonna record things that are in your head? 0.o

nope I’m talking about get them spoken words

" i didn’t say that" they’ll say

“liar” presses play

perhaps as telepaths they’ll know I have the recorder on and it’ll just give me silence. who ■■■■■■■ knows it might just bring me silence if its all in my head… im 95% certain though that these folks this ■■■■ and it may or may not have to deal with telepathy.

You mean ‘telepathic’ messages?

You obviously weren’t paying attention to anything I told you… thanks for that

No…its not true. But I’m surprised that you actually think you can record things that are not real. You obviously won’t record anything so what’s the point? Maintaining the delusion?

Well think what you want. I can’t reassure you until you get it for yourself.

Yeah. I’m the evil one. Right.
Sorry for being honest.