iPad Pro ? Is it worth it?

It seems expensive… but my one is from 2017 so I want an upgrade. Contemplating whether I need the pro though.

1 Like

what do you plan on using it for?

2 Likes

The iPad Air and iPad Pro both have the m1 chip.

Also both have an option for Magic Keyboard and Pencil.

I use the iPad Pro to replace my MacBook. I dont miss my computer as I can use illustrator photoshop and procreate.

1 Like

Ohh cool you can use those on the pro. Are u a graphic designer or an animator?

2 Likes

Hi @Kats
Yes, i use to be a graphic designer.
I worked at ad agencies so I had to learn everything including animation
(which can also be done in Procreate now).

3 Likes

Cool. You must have an amazing portfolio.

A few minutes ago had a talk with this Chinese guy who is in to software development and also design. He says the market is competitive in Asia. I have questions to ask about graphic design in the states. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its easy to get a job in the states with a good portfolio.

Agencies (both Ad and Design) are dead in the states, most marketing / design jobs have been brought in-house.

3 Likes

Do you need to have a formal education on fine arts? In here it’s mostly required and experience too.

I took visual arts design but didn’t finish cause I went to the hospital. I took animation again but didn’t get the hang of it. I tried working in fashion but went to the hospital again.

I agree. It’s mostly in house now. The agencies are dead.

2 Likes

Basic drawing, I’m not a pro. I think I will stick to the iPad air. I can get 7% off of the full price. It will be 675!

1 Like

@Kats No - i was self taught. No formal degree was or is needed to get into the field.
They mostly look at experience and portfolio which I had. I dropped out of fashion design (1.5 years) for graphic design.

@Milly Nice, is that in pounds or Euro?

It’s in pounds … Or should I wait for Prime Day!?

That’s a relief they dont need it but just exp and a portfolio. U were also in to the fashion industry? Coool! Why did u give it up tho?

@Milly
I see some deals here for the 2022 model -
theres so many specs, hope you get the right one for you.

1 Like

@Kats
I didn’t think I had the personality to be in the fashion industry. Going to school made me see clearly that was not the industry I wanted to be in.

As a graphic designer, i was able to work with fashion brands and product design. It was a good decision for me.

@Milly Sorry I am not trying to take over this thread,
@Kats maybe we can open another thread about jobs or design.

1 Like

No it’s ok @Kxev don’t worry about it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Get the M1 version. Its much better and faster.

1 Like

Went with the Purple ipad air. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess whether its worth it depends on how much use you put it to and what kind. If you’re just watching Youtube vids it’s probably overkill.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.