Intrusive thoughtsthoughts? 6.10.16

Do healthy folk not get spur of the moment thoughts of violence? Is that a sz thing?

1 Like

I’m not sure. I get those a lot. But, it is like they are real right then and there. Stuff like murdering friends and things I’d never do. When I was in 7th grade, I told my best friend about them, and she (while terrified) told me that she never got thoughts like that.

3 Likes

My roommate gets them, and she’s mentally pretty normal.

1 Like

hmm, I think it’s something to do with mental health but not necessarily just sz.
I’ve expierneced thoughts like that since I was in middle school

1 Like

I don’t think that is specifically a sz thing, but it is common with sz, though not all of us get them. I’m more inclined to have thoughts of violence against myself, but not against others, although there are a few people I’d love to have killed, LOL, but I imagine hiring a hit man, and that only happens after they’ve been horrible to be.

1 Like

yea it just dawned on me that i get these… i see folk talking about it on here but it dawned on me when i had one earlier

My mind conjurs violent images of what I used to believe when I was ill. I tell myself it has nothing to do with me I was sick then.

1 Like

I used to get horrible images … When i was closer to the street drugs. Lol the gay intrusive thoughts used to bother me tremendously as a teen being im straight and I’d get flashes of gross sex stuff… Actually that happened as a child too. Honestly I’ve had flashes of all kinda violent and sexual thoughts since i was 6 or so… I trained my mind with prayer and found relief in my 20s

Mr Turtle has told me he has brief flashes of violent acts as a reaction to stressful situations. He has never acted on it. Never would, he is a peaceful soul.

I get them too. Usually I want to push people away from me if I think they are spies.

I haven’t ever acted on them either.

1 Like

i think its an SZ thing or an OCD thing… not sure if normal people have intrusive violent thoughts… also i think it depends on anxiety level…

1 Like