Interesting sayings/slang from your region

I was thinking about a conversation I had with my buddy, and he used the phrase they didn’t get cock soup. Which means you got nothing. I hadn’t heard that phrase used in years

The British have all kinds of interesting slang as well.

Just wondering what your local phrases are that might be interesting to others

3 Likes

We have tons of slang, but I’m drawing a blank. If I think of something, I’ll post it

2 Likes

:+1:

Hfsfyuyttg ggyg

@Ninjastar is there a way to turn off the 15 character minimum when posting? It really doesn’t make any sense to use it, if there’s the option to switch it off it would be nice

Dont look for 5 legs on the cat. It means not to make a big deal from small things.

3 Likes

Yo you coming down My ends?

You coming to mine?

Lol that is what comes to mind.

Thinking of the teenagers where I live.

And

It’s caaaalm

Meaning it’s good,it’s cool.

2 Likes

That 1 made me chuckle. It definitely sounds English

1 Like

I love it!! LOL

1 Like

Scurrying like a one-legged cat trying to bury $hit on a frozen pond.

3 Likes

:rofl: that’s my current fav lol

2 Likes

Maybe this is tmi but when someone is too clingy and keep asking questions we say in french do you want me to suck your cock too? :rofl:

1 Like

We also say you have to fly with your own wings. It means that you’re on your own. I think knock on wood is international.

2 Likes

This is more the young ppl and kids that use it.

1 Like

I’m off topic but…

*to be the fifth wheel of the carriage (to be useless.)

*Do not sell the skin of the bear before you have killed it.

*There’s eel under rock (there’s something fishy.)

*when we talk about the wolf, we see its tail

*Break the feet to someone.

*change a one-eyed horse for a blind horse

2 Likes

When I first came to Canada I was a kid and when the ball went on someones front lawn they told me they will break my feet if I come back onto their territory. I found it mean. Does it mean to stay away?

2 Likes

Nope, sorry. I also find it annoying at times, but the upside is that it keeps posts interesting and thoughtful.

2 Likes

Hey Aziz, in France that means " to get on someone’s nerves." :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, thanks anyway. I just see a lot of posts with extra text added that’s all

I like that one

1 Like

Sometimes when I don’t hit the limit I just write 151515. But mire often,I revise my statement to be slightly longer. I think that makes for more interesting threads, and generally facilitates conversation more.

1 Like