Insomnia again. Whose with me?

I have been so good with my sleep hygiene but it seems the more effort I put into getting to sleep the worse this insomnia gets.

Think I am gonna buy some chamomile tea. Anyone had luck with that?

3 Likes

Have you tried Melatonin?

2 Likes

Is actually prescription only in the uk. But yeah if this keeps up will ask my gp about it

2 Likes

Are you feeling any better my friend?

Take care. :heart:

@el_Jimbobbio

2 Likes

Hey hey montmeister.

Has turned 5:37am so decided just to stay up. Drinking coffee and eating pb&j.

How are you man?

2 Likes

Yummy! :smiley:

I just had a coffee too about a couple hours ago. We’re doing good tonight though my man. Thank you for checking on us.

I just got through having another grilled cheese. It’s a few minutes after midnight here.

2 Likes

I’d give melatonin a try, but it’s a bit tricky with dosing. I take 1mg or less, higher doses doesen’t work. For other people it’s the opposite. Low doses don’t work, only higher.

1 Like

I fall asleep easily but also wake up easily.

I’m often awake for hours at night.

Don’t feel tired though as long as I have my coffee.

1 Like

Night nurse is a good over the counter medicine to help with sleep. One capsule does the trick for me.

1 Like

Is that the cold medicine? Mmmm not sure if I would be safe doing that. I have an addictive personality

2 Likes

Yep it’s meant for cold & flu but also helps with insomnia.

1 Like

I only take it when I really need it Jimbob, which isn’t very often.

1 Like

Oh I am sure you take it responsibly - no doubt. I just I think I have a potential problem codeine

2 Likes

I had better sleep with a bowl of porridge and a supplement called 5 HTP of which I had a lot less than recommended 100mg (I took 50 mg) and they together maybe seemed to do the trick. It is worth doing some research though for example some people have experienced very lucid dreams on this supplement and it does advise against(I think) if you are on some anti depressants.

1 Like

Yep I am on fluoxetine and it says don’t take 5htp :scream:

I think I may be allowed tryptophan which I think is similar

1 Like

Hope your insomnia clears @el_Jimbobbio

Are you still vaping ?

1 Like

Yeah I am. Funny you should say that - pretty sure vaping by doesn’t help insomnia

1 Like

I f*cked up my sleep again. Been waking up at 1pm. So now I’m taking Nytol/diphenhydramine tonight at 12am. Gonna wake up at 9am tomorrow.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.