Inferiority complex

Anyone else deal with this? Im trying to work to overcome it but it keeps biting me in the ass

3 Likes

I have an inferiority complex coupled with delusions of grandeur; I’ll save all mankind then spend the rest of my life apologizing for it.

3 Likes

My boyfriebd told me earlier i was having delusions of grandeur

Yea I bought some self compassion books. Gonna look thru them next week.

1 Like

Yes, I had a lot of feelings of inferiority attending university after my diagnosis, as well as whenever I got a new job. I think it’s residual effects from being treated poorly in psych wards/society and being made to feel like I am inferior due to being schizophrenic. Like I will always stand out as “different” and that I can never achieve what others can achieve. I did graduate with my BA and MA, and have held many jobs since I was diagnosed in my 20’s, but the feeling of inferiority never went away really. Wish I could fix that. Therapy didn’t really work (The last time I tried therapy was last year and was disappointed by the intern they gave me and didn’t bother finding a new one when the intern quit). I just kind of deal with it internally and do a decent job with acting chops.

1 Like

I’ve reached the point where I am comfortable with the person I am and my track record. I no longer worry about what other people think of my photography. If anything, I need to start passing along my thinking on photography to others - the next generation.

I didn’t plan this, it just happened.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.