In need of help- sobriety

I’ve been struggling lately with thoughts of relapsing on marijuana. I have 20 months sober and usually I can think it through, call someone, or go to a meeting. I feel like doing none of these today and want to break sobriety.

5 Likes

Call someone before you use. :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks @SpringRose
I called a fellow I know in the program and left a message.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. Did that help? Is there someone else you can talk to or text?

Is there a meeting you can go to nearby? I find in-person meetings to be powerful, but not really meetings online.

1 Like

I don’t mean to be too strong with you. I’m just wondering if you’re OK.

1 Like

not at all. I need someone to be forward with me. sometimes it seems like the only way to get through.

I’ll text my sponsor and try and make another outreach call. there’s a meeting nearby tonight that I will attend.

4 Likes

Look for some online meetings my friend.

1 Like

I have moved to online only. They work for me, but not everyone. I’m classed as medically fragile and I just can’t afford any more rounds with COVID.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re able to get help.

2 Likes

I understand. I hear you. We all give advice based on our experiences and that’s good. :+1:t2:

I’ll keep it as an option if I can’t make it to the meeting today. i appreciate the suggestion.

1 Like

I am a addict in denial. I talk to someone weakly to hold me accountable. I felt like buying also today. I say I am a Schizophrenic right now but I won’t say I am an addict.

1 Like

Yea Gine AA and NA meetings are a very good thing if you are social competent to attend meetings which I was not.
So I used Antabus 20 years ago for 10 years. To say it strait Antabus is side effectwise worse than any psychiatric drug I’v ever used. So 11 years I decided that enoght was enoght so I made the decision to drink me to death so I went down to the local male and bought 8 golden bird beers and I drank them in a timespan of 2 hours. And I realized then that the buzz of alcohol had no effect on me any more because of my psychotropics. I’v tried alcohol 8 times the last 11 years with no rewarding effect. 2 years ago I drank for mabee the last time in my life. I”v never used anything harder than that.