Important question - cheese and crackers

When it comes to cheese and crackers - on what side of the cracker do you put the cheese?

Do you put the cheese on the top side of the cracker (so the underneath of the cracker rests on your tongue)?

Or do you put the cheese on the bottom of the cracker so the more flavourful side of the cracker rests on your tongue?

I need to know what is best!

2 Likes

On top ! :joy: It never even occured to me to put it on the bottom.

7 Likes

Some crackers have both sides the same. But I put cheese on the top on the ones that do

3 Likes

If it’s a cracker I put the cheese on top. If it’s a sandwich, I put the cheese on the bread but below the meat and veggies

1 Like

So in the case of this ritz cracker I would say this is the top.

But this side has most of the flavour so surely this would be the better side to rest on the tongue?

3 Likes

This looks good but I can’t eat it.

2 Likes

On top for sure but that is just how I roll!

2 Likes

no no no, you wrap the cheese around the cracker!

8 Likes

Oh I see we have a professional here lol! That does solve the cracker question

3 Likes

On ritz put the cracker with the salt side on your tongue an the cheese on the bottom which is now the top

1 Like

yeah but what if your cheese falls off? then what do you do?

1 Like

Don’t you run the risk of losing the cheese before it gets to your mouth? :hushed:

1 Like

The salt of the cracker is supposed to touch your tongue so put the slice of cheddar cheese on top of the Ritz cracker, resting on the side with no salt. Then eat it and drink yourself a swig of cold soda.

2 Likes

I put cheese on both sides of the cracker like a sandwich, but I place the cracker face down so the flavorful side hits my tongue after I bite through the cheese layer

3 Likes

I never gave it any thought, but I am certain that I would put cheese on top of the cracker. However, I tend to eat Brie with a particular brand of crostini, and the crostini is the save on both sides. Gosh, I need to go shopping for some of these yummies.

1 Like

Singing…
Putting on the Ritz
Lolol. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m totally useless at this cheese and cracker lark. With hard cheese I take a mouthful of the cheese and cracker and the cracker breaks in bits. Leaving cheese without any cracker! Or to put it more accurately in too small pieces to fit the remaining cheese back on.

1 Like

Excuse my ignorance (or is it my wiseness?) but I’m pretty sure that Ritz crackers are the same flavor all over, both sides.

1 Like

I didnt know that anybody put the cheese on the bottom. I like it on top.

1 Like

I must’ve never eaten much in the company.of my companions. I make a little sandwich with the salty side out and smooth side in

2 Likes