I'm wondering about the Aricept

Aricept is a drug that treats Alzheimer’s, and it is having an effect on my consciousness. It is taking away those manic flights of fancy I have, which I think I need to be able to write. I think I am going to stick with it a while. I will probably grow accustomed to it, but right now it is making me feel bad.

You have it or have a predisposition for it?

Both my parents died of diseases that had the same symptoms as Alzheimers but had different underlying mechanisms. What made me ask for the Aricept is that I would get up to do something and then forget what I meant to do before I did it. I have trouble remembering other people’s names even when I have known them for a long time. I think the Aricept will help with that.

2 Likes

I hope it helps you.

1 Like

If you have memory issues then phosphatidylserine derived from soy is best. Its backed by research too.

Possibly Effective for

• Decline in memory and thinking skills that occurs normally with age. Phosphatidylserine seems to improve attention, language skills, and memory in aging people with declining thinking skills. Most research has used phosphatidylserine from cow brains. But most phosphatidylserine supplements are now made from soy or cabbage. There is limited research showing that plant-derived phosphatidylserine also improves memory in people with age-related memory loss. Taking phosphatidylserine might also reduce a person’s risk for a decline in memory and thinking skills with age. But research is limited and unclear.
  • Alzheimer disease. Taking phosphatidylserine can improve some of the symptoms of Alzheimer disease after 6-12 weeks of treatment. It seems to work best in people with less severe symptoms. But phosphatidylserine might become less effective over time. After 16 weeks of treatment, progression of Alzheimer disease seems to overcome any benefit provided by phosphatidylserine. Most research has used phosphatidylserine from cow brains. But most phosphatidylserine supplements are now made from soy or cabbage. Researchers do not yet know how phosphatidylserine made from these plant sources compares with phosphatidylserine made from cow brains in terms of effectiveness for Alzheimer disease.
1 Like

I had memories problems on risperidone. When somebody told me something I would forget it 5 min later. A friend if mine who is on 9 mg Invega seems to forget everything most of the time. But my mother who is 75 years old and schizophrenic seems to have a sharp memory. Besides she is on 300 mg Clopixol every other week.

i hope it helps for you =)