I'm trying to get use to black coffee

@Flutterby that’s fine with me!

@Flutterby thank you so much they sound yummy

1 Like

I used to use a lot of sugar in my coffee. And cream too.

Then I cut out the sugar.

Then after a few weeks without sugar I can now drink it straight black.

I usually only like it black if it’s cold.

If it’s hot I need milk to cool it down I think.

I suggest you start slowly.

Try just one teaspoon of instant or ground coffee and gradually increase it, if you need more of a kick!

hey @Twialine, how’s the cookery going, have you tried any recipes yet? Yesterday I made a choc banana cake with no sugar & no gluten, just almond meal & olive oil instead of better. It’s pretty yummy:wink:

1 Like

When I wanted to stop using creamer in my coffee I found it was actually easier for me to drink dark roasted coffee than medium or light just because the flavor is better.

Getting used to black coffee seems like a good idea. Coffee actually helps restore gut lining integrity, but the caffeine worsens schizophrenia symptoms. Decaf seems like a good idea.

https://www.ffhdj.com/index.php/ffhd/article/view/268 is the study showing that it helps gut lining integrity.

@Flutterby I haven’t tried any of them yet but I will at some time (even if it’s after I move out of my mom’s place

oh ok, I didn’t realise you were at your mum’s @Twialine . In that case I reckon you should start with salads. There’s no cooking, it’s just prep & assembly of raw ingredients. Very healthy too, no gluten. I’m sure your mum would appreciate the help.

2 Likes

I actually prefer my coffee black. That’s not to say I’m not a sugar fiend, though, unfortunately. D:

@Flutterby it’s my fault I didn’t say I was living with her

1 Like

i drink tea with no sugar but i like a little cream in coffee,

no worries @Twialine, I just assumed you lived by yourself 'cos I do. Have you tried adding ground ginger to your black coffee? I find that takes out some of the bitterness & it’s meant to be good for you.

Do you think you’d enjoy trying some cookery or is something getting in your way, like money issues or depression?

I’ll keep that in mind.

I like cooking (I cooked today) I just don’t have practice or anything

hey @Qwerty, the beef curry recipe is here

I love black coffee now! The key is to reduce strength to taste. Full strength black is too strong, but reducing it to maybe half strength is like a treat.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.