I'm so broke

I have $100 to my name that needs to last 7 days. I usually get rent assist from the provincial government assistance. I had a hard time getting the right paperwork for the renewal so that was a big financial hit. In a week I should get it again with back pay. Just need to make this money last until then. Trying not to stress about it. I know my daughter would give me a loan until then but I really want to avoid that if possible. Being broke sucks so much.

5 Likes

I’m sorry @FatMama. Hope things work out for you.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty stressful. I’m sorry. At least it will only be a week. Do they offer food stamps up there in Canada?

2 Likes

No but there are food banks. I think I can manage it.

3 Likes

Fat mama I feel you 100% I got 100 bucks that has to last me to Tuesday

2 Likes

I hope you make it through the week. I especially hope you get decent food from the pantry.

3 Likes

Sorry, I know it’s hard but you’ve made it on less and you can do this. Use the pantry if need be and if you really can’t do it, talk to your daughter.

3 Likes

If it was just me I could easily do it but I also need to feed my daughter. I asked her if absolutely necessary would she be willing to loan me a bit of cash until next monday. She said that wouldn’t be a problem at all.

5 Likes

Awesome, then you know you’ll be ok

2 Likes

well cool !! was worried until your last post…

2 Likes

My brother lent me some money

1 Like

Bananas… People x7… Be like 5 dollars for a banana a day

Loaf of bread … Per person… Another 2 dollars person.

Get a bin of mixed greens or two.

Beans, and rice. Just one or two bags each… Soak overnight, bring to boil and simmer for 45 minutes. 4 dollars person.

Onions are great and cheap.

Grapes are good. They are expensive but the quantity lasts.

I just went through 4 days on 23 dollars of groceries on top of some pantry stuff.

Noodles are cheap. Marinara sauce, (no sugar, chunky style)… Also worth buying.

I didn’t think I’d make it… But I pulled it off. Even held my last dollar to commit to savings.

Actually just got my cash a few hours ago. 54 dollars to last me until sunday night/monday morning.

You’ll make it! Focus on being resourceful!

3 Likes

Hearing that. Last two pays I’ve had to borrow $50 from dad to get by. I’m usually pretty good with money but had some bills and it just snuck up on me. Running a car really does suck some money so that doesn’t help. Anyways. I’m determined to spend less and move forward…Join me in the journey. Spend only when you need it!

2 Likes

Thankfully Monday I get some money. And we have all we need until then. Much relieved.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.