I'm so beyond help

Hopeless. Can’t go on.

Don’t give up @Froge . Try to enjoy the little things in life. I have significantly bad Anhedonia but I still enjoy food…I enjoy cigarettes…I enjoy this forum. I have a home that I can live in and am not out on the streets. I don’t have a terminal disease. Try to appreciate the good things in your life.

3 Likes

I do or try to. I have a lot of good but my brain tells me to die anyway

1 Like

If you are feeling suicidal or having a mental health crisis, please tell someone — a friend or family member, a teacher, a doctor or therapist or call 911 (if you’re in the U.S.) or the Emergency Medical Services phone number in your country.

You can also call a crisis intervention hotline—these are available in the U.S. and in many other countries. You do not need to be actively suicidal to benefit from a crisis hotline.

International crisis hotlines:

Crisis hotlines in the U.S.:

More resources:

2 Likes

Yeah, I feel that way sometimes too. Just remember that you only live once and life doesn’t last forever. Enjoy it while you can because it’s impermanent.

1 Like

No one is beyond help. You’ll get through this.

1 Like

Hang in there. Don’t give up. I was suicidal for many years, but my life ended up improving so much that I’m glad to be alive. I have an amazing daughter, 2 great stepdaughters and an amazing husband. I’m so glad I didn’t succeed at suicide. So don’t give up

2 Likes

Pianogal same with me… I actually sometimes even get concerned about the long term effects of my suicide attempt. But I like to believe it’s okay.

Life can get better. For me I just needed crazy perseverance during the worst times, keeping up the hope continually and believing in yourself too.

That doesn’t mean to repress sadness though. But just to sort of ‘know’ things will improve.

Who knows the future not me, but right now I am indeed doing better.

Hang in there MoonGarden

3 Likes

My life is always ■■■■ basically. I’m rarely happy no matter what I do. Change my circumstances, my attitude, whatever the depression always comes back.

1 Like

It’ll get better. Just don’t give up @Froge. Hugs and prayers.

1 Like

You’re going to have days like this. It happens; maybe more to schizophrenics than other people. Just ride it through, things get better. I had a good morning, now my life looks like sht. That’s just how life works. I still have my good moments and good memories. When you’re depressed things look like crap. When you’re feeling better you’ll see life more accurately; as a mix of good and bad.

2 Likes

Might be too shallow or off the mark but I came across this today. in the back of my notebook.

Joy is
being willing
for things to be
as they are

3 Likes

hold on @Froge . we are here for you if you need us. I was also very depressed for long time like the others here and i wanted to die but things did get better over time so just hold on a bit and try to keep a positive mindset even if it’s hard just keep trying.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.