I'm not szizophrenic btw so therefore my pdoc has said

I still had negative symptoms when I went off meds for 2 years, I was on 20mg Abilify before stopping. My negative symptoms were actually better on Abilify than off meds.

A couple of months now

It does affect me, personally

1 Like

You should wait up to a year because that is the mean time to relapse

Yea you are right, I defo should wait a bit longer to see if Iā€™m even stable on 2.5mg. Mentally.

Cos I am pretty stressed state still atm anyways, not the best of times to come off, if at all

Not to disappoint you but donā€™t expect that by reducing from 2mg Abilify to 0mg that you will be like before your 1st psychosis. At least thats my experience from stopping meds for 2yrs. My negative symptoms before sz were a lot better than when I was off meds for 2yrs, seriously.

Did you taper off the 20 mg abilify that time or cold turkey?

I was on 10 or 15mg back then, tapered to 0 with Drs help.

Oh OKā€¦ Thankyou for the warning.

But when I did come off abilify in 2018 I did feel a slight improvement in negatives until I relapsed and became medicated again.

We all unique

But yea idk what may happen if I come off again. Thatā€™s true.

1 Like

Yea thats totally possible but you will still not be like before your 1st psychosis. Its not like going from 20mg to 0mg.

Anyways its your choice, if you want to, just ask your Dr and dont do it on your own.

Thankyou Azizā€¦

1 Like

Sometimes I still get feelings of telepathy.

And the hell delusion hasnā€™t entirely left me either.

Plus another delusion brought on by my psychosis experience still sort of lingers on.

Maybe thatā€™s a bad sign to come off too atmā€¦

I want to recover from these delusions.

The thing that made my psychiatrist stop my meds after I asked him is that I didnt have lots of negative symptoms on Abilify, I was going to university doing 5 courses/semester so he thought that it was just a temporary psychosis and accepted to stop my meds.

How long were you stable on abilify 20mg before you started to taper off?

We both thought I was cured 100% of psychosis until I relapsed 2yrs after stopping meds. Sorry if I am talking too much lol

Did you taper like from 20 to 15 to 10 to 5? Or?

No youā€™re fine. Talking is what the forum is for.

1 Like

I wasnt on 20mg back then, its after I relapsed off meds that they put me on 20mg. Maybe psychosis did damage and I needed a higher dose to be stable after. I was on 10 or 15mg. I dont remember the steps but at the end I was on 5mg pills then 2mg pills then nothing.

1 Like

I wish I didnā€™t stop meds as I needed higher doses to be stable after relapsing. Zyprexa didnā€™t work at all too after I relapsed.

1 Like